Westboro Baptists have some new neighbours

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Westboro Equality House: Aaron Jackson Paints Rainbow Home Across From Anti-Gay Church
The Westboro Baptist Church is about to get a big surprise in the form of a new neighbor who plans to give the notoriously anti-gay group a taste of its own medicine.

Aaron Jackson, one of the founders of Planting Peace, a multi-pronged charity that has in the past concentrated on rainforest conservation, opening orphanages and deworming programs, bought a house that sits directly across from the church's compound six months ago. On Tuesday, March 19, he and a team of volunteers are painting it to match the gay pride flag.

The project -- which the nonprofit is calling the "Equality House" -- is the first in a new campaign Planting Peace plans to wage against the group. Westboro is known for its intimidating tactics of protesting (or threatening to protest) what they refer to as America's pro-gay, anti-God agenda, in close proximity to pride parades, soldier funerals and other events like the Sandy Hook memorial services.
I wonder if they will be neighbourly and bring over some freshly baked cookies? Yeah, probably not!

Here's a few pics of the house:

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
You can ask how do you like us but you can's say "how do you like us so far eh"
"Eh" is a Canadianism and it would be like these people using maple leave pins
on their collars that won't do, being gay and Canadian too.
I love this these people need a taste of their own medicine

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Hopefully these Westboro idiots don't decide to do something about this "affront"(in their eyes). I wouldn't paint my house all those colours (makes my eyes hurt!), but good on them.:)