Karma is Sweet

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Imagine you're a waitress, out with friends on a night off, when you lose your wallet. Cash, credit cards, driver's license—all gone. Your bank later informs you that checks are being issued in your name.
It's a pain, but you carry on. Two weeks later, you're at work when four people walk in and sit in your section. They start ordering drinks. You ask to see their IDs. A woman in the group hands a driver's license to you. You look down, and it's yours.

Yahoo! News Canada - Latest News & Headlines

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Imagine you're a waitress, out with friends on a night off, when you lose your wallet. Cash, credit cards, driver's license—all gone. Your bank later informs you that checks are being issued in your name.
It's a pain, but you carry on. Two weeks later, you're at work when four people walk in and sit in your section. They start ordering drinks. You ask to see their IDs. A woman in the group hands a driver's license to you. You look down, and it's yours.

Yahoo! News Canada - Latest News & Headlines

I would probably have gotten fired, as I would have made sure the thief was in a world of hurt.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I would probably have gotten fired, as I would have made sure the thief was in a world of hurt.

Oh no. I would have waited until the police showed up to arrest her, then, in front of the entire restaurant, I would have asked the officer when it might be a good time to come and pick up my I.D. that she tried to pass off as her own when she was carded.

Sometimes life is all about the embarrassing moments. Sucks when it's your own, but man do some people have it coming! Lol.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Oh no. I would have waited until the police showed up to arrest her, then, in front of the entire restaurant, I would have asked the officer when it might be a good time to come and pick up my I.D. that she tried to pass off as her own when she was carded.

Sometimes life is all about the embarrassing moments. Sucks when it's your own, but man do some people have it coming! Lol.

Unfortunately, I don't think that someone brazen enough to use stolen ID in the first place will get embarrassed by being publicly outed like that. They're pretty scuzzy individuals in the first place.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Unfortunately, I don't think that someone brazen enough to use stolen ID in the first place will get embarrassed by being publicly outed like that. They're pretty scuzzy individuals in the first place.

Yeah but it would make me feel better. Lol.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Yes. But at 26 she could/should have used her own id and got a drink. No reason to use a fake id.

Perhaps the thief (had it had been with a different server) would have used the stolen girl's credit card(or a new credit card issued in her name), and if the names didn't match up, red flags would have gone off?