Meteor Explodes Near Chelyabinsk Injuring a Thousand

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
There have been many accounts of hundreds of injuries from this exploding meteor but I can't find what kind of
injuries they are. Are there burns from the super heated pieces of the meteor, or are people being hit with
fragments of the meteorite? Earlier there was talk about a close pass of an asteroid but the possibility of
the asteroid landing were said to be remote. No reports of any deaths as yet....hopefully there won't be any.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
The shooting gallery is open for business!

It appears that not only Momma is pissed at us, but now the Gawds are too.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
The shooting gallery is open for business!

It appears that not only Momma is pissed at us, but now the Gawds are too.

naw, this meteor is the equivalent of a "spit ball" compared with what weve been receiving over time...

Gods? We are the Gods!!! We have always been the gods, ever since we stopped worshipping animals

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Interesting, last night my neighbour and I were out for our nightly walk and something
went shooting across the sky toward the south and west. It was bright like a shooting
star but a touch brighter. Just a shooting star but there is definitely some skyward
action happening.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
It may have been shot down.

Feb 15 10:03

Meteor Crashes in Cuba Day After Russia Fireball

Tags:

Cuba Update: Apparently, another potential meteor crash may have happened in Cuba today. Related? From the foreign language news site: "In a report released this morning by Rodas, town in the province of Cienfuegos, witnesses described a very bright light that has come to have large size, comparable to that of a bus, before exploding in the sky."

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
Interesting, last night my neighbour and I were out for our nightly walk and something
went shooting across the sky toward the south and west. It was bright like a shooting
star but a touch brighter. Just a shooting star but there is definitely some skyward
action happening.

ive seen something similar near sudbury like 4 years ago.... I think i may have even asked on this forum about it..... It was a small gold streak cutting across the sky....

This happens way more often than we like to think.... Everyday we are taking in ****

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia

he trajectory of the Russian meteorite was significantly different than the trajectory of the asteroid 2012 DA14, making it a completely unrelated object. Information is still being collected about the Russian meteorite and analysis is preliminary at this point. In videos of the meteor, it is seen to pass from left to right in front of the rising sun, which means it was traveling from north to south. Asteroid DA14's trajectory is in the opposite direction, from south to north."
Videos of the event may be found here and here. In many of the videos you can hear the sound of windows shattering as the meteor's loud shock wave reaches the ground. Onlookers cry out in Russian as alarms and sirens sound in the background. Stay tuned for updates!​
ASTEROID FLYBY: At 2:25 p.m. EST (19:25 UTC) on Friday, Feb. 15th, asteroid 2012 DA14 will fly past Earth only 17,200 miles above our planet's surface. This will put it well inside the orbit of geosynchronous satellites, closer than any asteroid of the same size has come since regular sky surveys began in the 1990s.
http://spaceweather.com/

Last edited: