Thirty days for giving the Judge the finger....

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Yes I think she does deserve it, first it is contempt of court period.
Most people don't realize in this country if you are critical of the system
that is fine, but if you name and are critical of a specific judge and you
were part of the court case you can be found in contempt it is not just
America. Court is a place of respect and defile it and pay the price.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Don't piss off the judge. Just one rule, really, can't be that hard to follow.

So thirty days in jail, and she clearly doesn't give a damn about it either. I see more jail time in her future.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
If you want the minimum sentence, you work WITH the courts and prove you're an upstanding citizen.

If you want the maximum sentence, fly in the face of the courts and prove you're a moron.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB

Of course she didn't deserve it. First he dismisses her saying good-bye, then he calls her back for saying 'Adios' and sets her bond at $10,000, then mimics her accent and says 'adios' with a big grin. It would seem to me that he changed his mind about the bond after he had already dismissed her. I would like to see the entire exchange from the start to be sure but if this is what happened he deserves a big F*CK-YOU! It is hard to tell without seeing the entirety of the case but that is my take on it, there is more than what is shown in the clip. I don't care if he has a robe on, being a d*ck is being a d*ck and the robe doesn't give him the right to be one.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Of course she didn't deserve it. First he dismisses her saying good-bye, then he calls her back for saying 'Adios' and sets her bond at $10,000, then mimics her accent and says 'adios' with a big grin. It would seem to me that he changed his mind about the bond after he had already dismissed her. I would like to see the entire exchange from the start to be sure but if this is what happened he deserves a big F*CK-YOU! It is hard to tell without seeing the entirety of the case but that is my take on it, there is more than what is shown in the clip. I don't care if he has a robe on, being a d*ck is being a d*ck and the robe doesn't give him the right to be one.
How did I know when I saw your name pop up on the live feed for this thread, I'd click on the link to read something stupid?

LOL... I'm sure Miami-Dade Circuit Judge Jorge Rodriguez-Chomat was mimicking her accent, lol.

"It's not a joke, you know, we're not in a club now," Rodriguez-Chomat told her. "We are not in a club, be serious about it."

"I'm serious about it, you just made me laugh," Soto replied. "You just made me laugh, I apologize. It's worth a lot of money."

"Like what?" the judge asked.

"Like Rick Ross. It's worth money," she said.

The judge, not understanding the odd reference to the South Florida rapper, asked Soto if she's taken any drugs in the past 24 hours.

"Actually, no," she replied.

'Sea Hag' Gets 30 Years in Prison in Fatal Shooting Over Can of Beer

Rodriguez-Chomat set her bond at $5,000 and said "bye,bye," and Soto laughed and replied "Adios."

Annoyed, Rodriguez-Chomat summoned her back and reset her bond at $10,000, shocking Soto.

"Are you serious," she asked.

"I am serious. Adios," he replied.

Soto started to walk away when she flipped Rodriguez-Chomat her middle finger and blurted "[expletive] you."

She was called back again and Rodriguez-Chomat gave her a 30-day sentence for contempt of court.

Ya, she earned it.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
How did I know when I saw your name pop up on the live feed for this thread, I'd click on the link to read something stupid?

LOL... I'm sure Miami-Dade Circuit Judge Jorge Rodriguez-Chomat was mimicking her accent, lol.

"It's not a joke, you know, we're not in a club now," Rodriguez-Chomat told her. "We are not in a club, be serious about it."

"I'm serious about it, you just made me laugh," Soto replied. "You just made me laugh, I apologize. It's worth a lot of money."

"Like what?" the judge asked.

"Like Rick Ross. It's worth money," she said.

The judge, not understanding the odd reference to the South Florida rapper, asked Soto if she's taken any drugs in the past 24 hours.

"Actually, no," she replied.

'Sea Hag' Gets 30 Years in Prison in Fatal Shooting Over Can of Beer

Rodriguez-Chomat set her bond at $5,000 and said "bye,bye," and Soto laughed and replied "Adios."

Annoyed, Rodriguez-Chomat summoned her back and reset her bond at $10,000, shocking Soto.

"Are you serious," she asked.

"I am serious. Adios," he replied.

Soto started to walk away when she flipped Rodriguez-Chomat her middle finger and blurted "[expletive] you."

She was called back again and Rodriguez-Chomat gave her a 30-day sentence for contempt of court.

Ya, she earned it.

First let me just say that I had a lot of background noise while watching the first video, after watching the second I see he his Hispanic so my comment about his mimicing was off base.

Now on to the rest. He pronounced a bond and dismissed her. That is where the case ends. He is not allowed to call her back and reset the bond after the fact because she said goodbye (adios) and it didn't please him. He cannot change his judgement after it is pronounced. Doing so, especially for non-legal reasons such as her demeanor, is utter BS and I would assume illegal and a violation of her rights. If nothing else it makes him a d*ckhead and he deserved the finger & f*ck-you. Like I said, the robe does not give him license to be a d*ck, in fact it is supposed to mean he can't be one.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
First let me just say that I had a lot of background noise while watching the first video, after watching the second I see he his Hispanic so my comment about his mimicing was off base.
There must be a lot of background noise when you post.

Now on to the rest. He pronounced a bond and dismissed her. That is where the case ends. He is not allowed to call her back and reset the bond after the fact because she said goodbye (adios) and it didn't please him. He cannot change his judgement after it is pronounced.
LOL, yes he can.

Doing so, especially for non-legal reasons such as her demeanor, is utter BS and I would assume illegal and a violation of her rights.
Most if not all your opinions on legal issues are assumptions.

Generally incorrect ones at that.

If nothing else it makes him a d*ckhead and he deserved the finger & f*ck-you.
Thanks for not disappointing me, and continuing your tradition of saying something stupid in every post.

Like I said, the robe does not give him license to be a d*ck, in fact it is supposed to mean he can't be one.
Being a young ignorant tart, doesn't mean you can be a disrespectful idiot.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I think the sentence is excessive for what she did especially considering what she was hauled into court for. But I don't think the judge did it because he is a p rick either. She appears to be very young and I think the judge was mainly trying to scare her straight. My sound is not working well so I didn't catch all of her apology but it appears that the judge was quite nice to her then.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
I think the sentence is excessive for what she did especially considering what she was hauled into court for. But I don't think the judge did it because he is a p rick either. She appears to be very young and I think the judge was mainly trying to scare her straight. My sound is not working well so I didn't catch all of her apology but it appears that the judge was quite nice to her then.

What she said was ' **** you, you old ****er, **** off , you and your ****ing court. Where do you get the **** off telling me anything, you stupid old ****er..............and for that she got 30 days....................the horror

and yep, she chucked him the bird. And then said holy **** when she heard the sentence. Poor little girl..............

LOL

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
He wasn't being an ignorant d*ck.

You just have an issue with authority that makes any opinion you offer on law, the bench or legal issues in general, ridiculous.

Yeah he was, just like you always are. He is not supposed to be petty or emotional and calling her back and changing her bond for saying adios was both.

Do I have an issue with authority? Did you read my signature? I have an issue with authority claimed without my consent.