Thank Goodness, The Boy is Safe!


SLM
+1
#1
I've been following this story the past week and I know by posting it, it's just going to turn into another "Guns-Yay or Nay" thread. I don't care. I'm just glad this little boy is safe and being returned to his parents. Job well done by law enforcement in this instance I'd say.

Alabama hostage standoff ends with child safe, gunman dead
By REUTERS

A gunman holding a five-year-old boy hostage in an underground bunker in rural Alabama was killed on Monday and the child was plucked to safety without injury, a local law enforcement official said.
“It’s all over,” said the official, who asked not to be identified by name because he had not been authorized to discuss the operation that led to the successful rescue of the child.
“The boy is OK,” he said.
The rescue of boy came on the seventh day of a standoff in a rural corner of southeast Alabama involving a suspect identified as 65-year-old Jimmy Lee Dykes, a retired trucker and Vietnam veteran.
Dykes seized the boy last Tuesday after boarding a school bus near his home and killing its driver with four shots from a 9 mm handgun, local sheriff’s department officials said.
The law enforcement source said a stun or flash grenade was detonated as part of the operation to free the boy, but further details were not immediately available.


The drama in Midland City, Alabama, came amid heightened concerns about gun violence and school safety across the United States after the December shooting deaths of 20 children and six adults at a Connecticut elementary school.

Alabama hostage standoff ends with child safe, gunman dead - World - Canoe.ca (external - login to view)
 
CDNBear
+4
#2  Top Rated Post
Guns-YAY!
 
SLM
+1
#3
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

Guns-YAY!

You're cheeky today, LOL.
 
CDNBear
+1
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

You're cheeky today, LOL.

That's cause I was outside all day.

I'm just trying to warm them up.

Sorry.
 
SLM
+1
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

That's cause I was outside all day.

I'm just trying to warm them up.

Sorry.

No apologies necessary, you're making me laugh. And that's a good thing.

Gosh but Mondays do suck the big one don't they? Lol.
 
CDNBear
+1
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

Gosh but Mondays do suck the big one don't they? Lol.

And not in the fun, butterflies in my tummy kinda way.
 
SLM
+1
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

And not in the fun, butterflies in my tummy kinda way.

No definitely not! LOL

I'm moving into a new month already in "the hurrieder I go, the behinder I get" mode.

And not the good kinda 'behind' either.
 
gopher
+4
#8
Too many crazy violent far right radicals in the USA nowadays. The guy was paranoid and beyond all help. Sad that an innocent bus driver was killed and the little boy tormented. Very sad.
 
talloola
+2
#9
yes it is very sad. very happy the boy is alive and safe, but the whole incident leaves one with

a sick feeling, knowing 'that' dead man isn't the last of his kind on this earth, others will show

up from time to time, and a whole new similar incident will repeat itself, and again and again.
 
SLM
+1
#10
I honestly thought this would end far more tragically than it did. I cannot imagine what that boys parents must have been going through.
 
#juan
+2
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

I honestly thought this would end far more tragically than it did. I cannot imagine what that boys parents must have been going through.

I don't want to even think about what the young boy went through. The boy is safe from further physical harm but he had already
gone through enough mental trauma for three people.
 
gopher
+1
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by talloolaView Post

yes it is very sad. very happy the boy is alive and safe, but the whole incident leaves one with

a sick feeling, knowing 'that' dead man isn't the last of his kind on this earth, others will show

up from time to time, and a whole new similar incident will repeat itself, and again and again.


Interestingly, the right wing nut said it was the government that was a menace to the well being of society. But it turned out it was he - the right wing nut - who was the real menace and it was the federal government that was the solution to the problem he caused.
 
L Gilbert
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

Guns-YAY!

Grenades! Even better!
Im happy the way things turned out.
 
CDNBear
+2
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by gopherView Post

Too many crazy violent far right radicals in the USA nowadays.

Tell me about it.

We even have one of them nutters here talking about how Latino's should be gunning down law enforcement officer.
 
JLM
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by talloolaView Post

yes it is very sad. very happy the boy is alive and safe, but the whole incident leaves one with

a sick feeling, knowing 'that' dead man isn't the last of his kind on this earth, others will show

up from time to time, and a whole new similar incident will repeat itself, and again and again.

Yep, emasculate them with a cutting torch!
 
EagleSmack
+2
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

Tell me about it.

We even have one of them nutters here talking about how Latino's should be gunning down law enforcement officer.

BOOM!

Nice one Bear.

Quote: Originally Posted by gopherView Post

Interestingly, the right wing nut said it was the government that was a menace to the well being of society. But it turned out it was he - the right wing nut - who was the real menace and it was the federal government that was the solution to the problem he caused.

As Bear said... we have nut jobs wanting to arm people to kill cops.
 
gopher
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

Tell me about it.

We even have one of them nutters here talking about how Latino's should be gunning down law enforcement officer.

The 8th Amendment protects against "cruel & unusual punishment". Nothing in the common law allowed criminal cops to force pregnant female prisoners to work in the outdoor heat so that their babies would die. 2d Amendment rights are there to protect against government abuses such as those of baby killer Arpaio. Right wingers claim to be "pro lifers". Here is their perfect opportunity to back up their claims with action against a criminal who has cost the taxpayers of Arizona over $50 million dollars and the death of innocent babies.

Anybody who says we should have rights on paper but not in actual fact is full of crap.

Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

BOOM!

Nice one Bear.



As Bear said... we have nut jobs wanting to arm people to kill cops.


Yeah, and we have right wing nutjobs defending baby killers and criminal cops who cost taxpayers $50 million dollars.
 
CDNBear
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by gopherView Post

The 8th Amendment protects against "cruel & unusual punishment".

Chain gangs aren't illegal in the US.

It isn't cruel or unusual.

Quote:

Right wingers claim to be "pro lifers". Here is their perfect opportunity to back up their claims with action against a criminal who has cost the taxpayers of Arizona over $50 million dollars and the death of innocent babies.

The only real pro lifer I know is a left wing moon bat (Sorry GH, J/K).

Quote:

Anybody who says we should have rights on paper but not in actual fact is full of crap.

Blah blah blah. When you break the law you loose certain rights. Get over it.

Quote:

Yeah, and we have right wing nutjobs defending baby killers and criminal cops who cost taxpayers $50 million dollars.

LOL, nice stretch.

Keep promoting murder, it's funny to watch.
 

Similar Threads

2
Goodness And Peace In Man
by sanctus | Nov 7th, 2006
3
Keep Your PC Safe
by moghrabi | Jul 10th, 2004
no new posts