Family of four caught smoking on airliner

#juan
updated Smokers on Sunwing flight from Halifax in Bermuda court
<h3 class="metanav">Video Content</h3>Smoking family leaves Bermuda airport0:59

Four family members allegedly caught smoking during a Sunwing flight that left Halifax for the Dominican Republic last week were expected to appear in plea court in Bermuda today after their alleged actions forced the plane to make an emergency landing on the island. 2:34 PM ET Read 289 comments289 video

Last edited by #juan; Feb 4th, 2013 at 03:06 PM..

petros
Family of four caught smoking on airliner The link is a "round trip".

#juan
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Family of four caught smoking on airliner The link is a "round trip".

I think I fixed it.......I hope I fixed it..........Scroll to the top

karrie
+2
That's where they should be held accountable for any and all associated costs, including costs incurred due to missed flights for other travelers, etc.

petros
Working now, thanks.

damngrumpy
+1
Will they quit smoking or run outside and light up before sentencing? Yes they should
be held accountable for all costs incurred and for the inconvenience of others.

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by karrieView Post

That's where they should be held accountable for any and all associated costs, including costs incurred due to missed flights for other travelers, etc.

Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpyView Post

Will they quit smoking or run outside and light up before sentencing? Yes they should

One helluva bill all over a nic fit.

IdRatherBeSkiing

One helluva bill all over a nic fit.

Life is about choices. Not smoking on flights is common knowledge. They chose to do so.

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiingView Post

Life is about choices. Not smoking on flights is common knowledge. They chose to do so.

On long flights, I used to chew or just knock myself out with two vodka and a zopiclone.

IdRatherBeSkiing

On long flights, I used to chew or just knock myself out with two vodka and a zopiclone.

There is sprays, patches, gums, etc. Plenty of choices to satisfy the adiction.

You can even book a series of connecting flights where possible so no real long flight.

petros
Cessation methods are a no brainer but apparently this family has no brains. How does that work?

Not on a charter like Sunwing. NS to Mexico would be at least 5hrs.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpyView Post

That's about the worst kind of stupid I've seen today. They should be made to walk home!-

SLM
+5
#13  Top Rated Post
Oh look, apparently even morons go on vacation more often than I do. That's a real pick me up.

CDNBear
+3
Maybe if 2/3 of the passengers wanted to smoke, they could just smoke out the non smokers.
Last edited by CDNBear; Feb 4th, 2013 at 06:04 PM..

SLM
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

Maybe if 2/3 of the passengers wanted to smoke, they could just smoke out the non smokers.

If they're going to go that route (which they won't, trust me) they could just have smoking and non-smoking flights. Problem solved.

I smoke and I'll be on the non-smoking flight, thank you. Being stuck in a confined space with that many smokers would drive me nuts. I'll just chew gum!

But about the people in the OP, I sincerely don't understand people like that. What the hell did they think was going to happen, that they'd just let them smoke? There's a time to take a stand and then there's a time to not inconvenience an entire plane load of people. Freaking morons.

CDNBear
+1
My bad, I edited my post.

Spade
+1

Shame On You Spade Cooley Soundie - YouTube

petros
+2
Pipe N2O into the cabin and wake everyone up with an airhorn when they get there. No more sh*tty passenger problems.

SLM
+1

I'm still just shaking my head at the idiots in the OP, lol. I'm picturing the remaining passengers ganging up on them and inundating them with nicotine patches, like that scene from "Thank You For Smoking". Couldn't find the actual scene, unfortunate because it's hilarious. But this is the movie.

Thank you for Smoking - Trailer - YouTube

Pipe N2O into the cabin and wake everyone up with an airhorn when they get there. No more sh*tty passenger problems.

Ron and I have that covered, we devised, last year sometime, an intravenous alcohol drip package that can be purchased for long journey's, lol. I'm awaiting word from Seagrams for some prototype seed money, then I'm hitting the Dragons' Den.

JLM
I guess you have to be more than just brain dead to qualify for a Darwin Award!

bill barilko
Even the regular priced airfare back from Bermuda is going to be expensive X 4.

Goober
taxslave
+1
Be funnier than hell if they wound up on the no fly list while in Bermuda.

Goober
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

Be funnier than hell if they wound up on the no fly list while in Bermuda.

I am not sure of this but as a business the Airline has the right to refuse their business. Try getting a flight after that one. Try getting put of Cape Breton after this one. May have to drive to the US. I hear the causeway to Europe is out so that is their only choice.

Calgary man sentenced for bad behaviour on Air Canada flight - Edmonton - CBC News

taxslave
+1
Cuba isn't that far away. They can smoke cigars or build a raft out of them to sail home.

JLM
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

I am not sure of this but as a business the Airline has the right to refuse their business. Try getting a flight after that one. Try getting put of Cape Breton after this one. May have to drive to the US. I hear the causeway to Europe is out so that is their only choice.

Calgary man sentenced for bad behaviour on Air Canada flight - Edmonton - CBC News

I think if I was that boy I might give a thought to giving up drinking!

bobnoorduyn
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

Oh look, apparently even morons go on vacation more often than I do. That's a real pick me up.

And far too often, that's what happened when WestJet started, (It was co-founded by the same guy who started SouthWest), then of course Greyhound. We now have bus people travelling by air, because they can afford it. I don't want to sound snobbish, but air travel is in a race to the bottom; wages and working conditions are in a steep decline in order to woo the WalMart passenger who wants that $49 YUL-EWR ticket, before taxes of course. It cost me $450 in airfare to travel from YYZ to LHR return, in 1974, $h!t, you can get there and back for less now, and everything else costs 10X now what it did then, WTF? Oh, and trust me, morons also sit in J class, so you can't excape them there either, but they are a better class of moron .

BTW, an ashtray is required in each lav believe it or not, It is an MEL (Minimum Equipment List) item. If it is missing the lav is no longer serviceable. So don't remove them, expecially on long flights, eveyone else's bladder will thank you.

karrie
Oh well that changes it a bit.

Diverting the flight because you think a passenger smells of cigarette smoke... that's a bit ridiculous.

I was under the impression that the passengers had set off an alarm or caused smoke in the cabin.

I think we're going to hit the point where grumpy passengers get tossed in plane jail at the back of the cabin.

#juan
+1
Last I heard was that their fine was now over $15,000.00. It is now Sunwing's turn to grab their pound of flesh.
I have no problem with this. It was Sunwing's passegers who got the bloody run around because of a family of
nicotine addicts. Their biggest mistake was verbally abusing the crew. If they had just quietly obeyed the crew
there would have been no problems.
I'm a former three pac a day man, I can understand a bit of where they were coming from but they were comepletely
beyond reason.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by karrieView Post

Oh well that changes it a bit.

Diverting the flight because you think a passenger smells of cigarette smoke... that's a bit ridiculous.

I was under the impression that the passengers had set off an alarm or caused smoke in the cabin.

I think we're going to hit the point where grumpy passengers get tossed in plane jail at the back of the cabin.

I think perhaps the reason had more to do with them being obnoxious!