Family of four caught smoking on airliner

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
updated Smokers on Sunwing flight from Halifax in Bermuda court
<h3 class="metanav">Video Content</h3> Smoking family leaves Bermuda airport0:59

Four family members allegedly caught smoking during a Sunwing flight that left Halifax for the Dominican Republic last week were expected to appear in plea court in Bermuda today after their alleged actions forced the plane to make an emergency landing on the island. 2:34 PM ET Read 289 comments289 video

Last edited:

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
That's where they should be held accountable for any and all associated costs, including costs incurred due to missed flights for other travelers, etc.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Will they quit smoking or run outside and light up before sentencing? Yes they should
be held accountable for all costs incurred and for the inconvenience of others.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
That's where they should be held accountable for any and all associated costs, including costs incurred due to missed flights for other travelers, etc.
Will they quit smoking or run outside and light up before sentencing? Yes they should
One helluva bill all over a nic fit.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
On long flights, I used to chew or just knock myself out with two vodka and a zopiclone.

There is sprays, patches, gums, etc. Plenty of choices to satisfy the adiction.

You can even book a series of connecting flights where possible so no real long flight.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Cessation methods are a no brainer but apparently this family has no brains. How does that work?

Not on a charter like Sunwing. NS to Mexico would be at least 5hrs.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

That's about the worst kind of stupid I've seen today. They should be made to walk home!-:)

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Maybe if 2/3 of the passengers wanted to smoke, they could just smoke out the non smokers.

Last edited:

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Maybe if 2/3 of the passengers wanted to smoke, they could just smoke out the non smokers.

If they're going to go that route (which they won't, trust me) they could just have smoking and non-smoking flights. Problem solved.

I smoke and I'll be on the non-smoking flight, thank you. Being stuck in a confined space with that many smokers would drive me nuts. I'll just chew gum!

But about the people in the OP, I sincerely don't understand people like that. What the hell did they think was going to happen, that they'd just let them smoke? There's a time to take a stand and then there's a time to not inconvenience an entire plane load of people. Freaking morons.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Pipe N2O into the cabin and wake everyone up with an airhorn when they get there. No more sh*tty passenger problems.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
My bad, I edited my post.

I'm still just shaking my head at the idiots in the OP, lol. I'm picturing the remaining passengers ganging up on them and inundating them with nicotine patches, like that scene from "Thank You For Smoking". Couldn't find the actual scene, unfortunate because it's hilarious. But this is the movie.

Thank you for Smoking - Trailer - YouTube

Pipe N2O into the cabin and wake everyone up with an airhorn when they get there. No more sh*tty passenger problems.

Ron and I have that covered, we devised, last year sometime, an intravenous alcohol drip package that can be purchased for long journey's, lol. I'm awaiting word from Seagrams for some prototype seed money, then I'm hitting the Dragons' Den. ;)