Thirty thousand dollars and Female Bodyguards?????

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Plus expenses.........?

EXCLUSIVE: Suzuki's latest scandal involves $30,000 and female bodyguards

We all know David Suzuki is a saint. Especially now that he's 76, and refers to himself in the third person, as "an elder." Recently, Suzuki told his fellow CBC employee George Stromboulopoulos, " I feel though, at my age, no one can accuse me of wanting more fame or power or money."
That's what he says. But what does he do? Suzuki's visit to a small junior college in Montreal last October paints a different picture.
To give a one-hour talk, Suzuki billed them $30,000 plus expenses. Add in his airline ticket, his $841 hotel bill, a photographer and other costs, and the total hit for his visit was $41,640. From a small, publicly funded school.

More: Sun News : EXCLUSIVE: Suzuki's latest scandal involves $30,000 and female bodyguards

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
What's the point of this?

Is it that David Suzuki is a sleazeball therefore there's nothing wrong with the environment?

Is it that you hate capitalism and so are against David Suzuki charging for his work?

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Suzuki joins Al Bore in the hypocrite's corner..

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Serious question: are you ten years old? I'm not trying to make fun of you or make a joke in anyway. I'm 100% serious. Are you a ten year old?
You sound younger than me, regardeless of the age you think I am.,,,seriously!!!
If it makes you feel better. I'm comfortable not giving a **** about David Suzuki.

lol!!

I enjoyed ezra's rant........but your attitude is probably the best one.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Suzuki joins Al Bore in the hypocrite's corner..

and why is that, because suzuki charges a whole shyte load of money to make an appearance AND there are people and organizations willing to pay what he asks? If that's it, I'd say it's more about jealousy on your part.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
First of all the top guys making those kinds of speeches charge a lot more than thirty thousand.
Of course he is going to charge for his work, he is going to charge expenses as well. Nothing
wrong with that. Hist statements to media about not needing more money is likely true but that
does not mean you don't charge anymore it means you can pick and chose which of the talks
you might do and charge less that the fifty or one hundred thousand bucks many others charge.

I don't agree with his positions necessarily on the environment but that is no big deal, when it comes
to expenses or speaking engagements its not hypocrisy at all.