Would-be car thieves gave up, because they couldn't drive a stick shift

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
From Fark:

Would-be carjackers to their victim: "What's this third pedal for?"

ORLANDO, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35 ORLANDO) - A Corvette owner said he was almost carjacked at gun point, but the would-be thieves ran away, because they couldn't figure out how to drive his car.

It was just after 11 o'clock at night, when Randolph Bean was waiting for his wife to get out of work. That's when two men took him by surprise while he was inside his bright, yellow Corvette. It was parked outside Orlando Regional Medical Center in Downtown Orlando.
He said the two came from behind. "So, barely caught them in the mirror."

According to the police report, one of the men had a gun. "He started yanking on the door and made me open the door. He kind of flung it open and dragged me out and demanded that I get on the ground... face down, so I couldn't look at him of course."

Randolph, 51, said one of the thieves pointed a gun at him while asking how to use the car. "They apparently couldn't start it. I had to tell him four different times to push in the clutch, because it's a standard transmission."

more lack of win:

Would-be car thieves gave up when they couldn't drive a stick - FOX 35 News Orlando

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
In about 1977 or 78- couple of guys robbed a country bank in PEI. They ran out of gas on their getaway- easy capture.