Anonymous hacks US Sentencing Commission, distributes files

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Anonymous Operation Last Resort - YouTube

Hacktivist group Anonymous took control of the U.S. Sentencing Commission website Friday, January 25 in a new campaign called "Operation Last Resort."

The first attack on the website was early Friday morning. The second - successful - attack came around 9pm PST that evening.

By 3am PST ussc.gov was down (it has since been dropped from the DNS), yet as of this writing the IP address (66.153.19.162) still returns the defaced site's contents.

It appears that via the U.S. government website, Anonymous had distributed encrypted government files and left a statement on the website that de-encryption keys would be publicly released (thus releasing the as-yet unkonwn information held on the stolen files) if the U.S. government did not comply with Anonymous' ultimatum demands for legal reform.

more

Anonymous hacks US Sentencing Commission, distributes files | ZDNet

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
At least they are not planting bombs maybe social interactive warfare has begun.
The problem is the State is slowly losing control of the State and groups left and
right will now fight in the home arena. It used to be the government could spy on
you and no one knew, now everyone may be spying on everyone else and
everyone will know. The only guy with a secret will be the hermit in the cave which
makes him the smartest because he will know something no one else knows
So far no one can hack into the human mind.
I swear everyone is slowly going crazy.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Hey, these are the good guys.

Remember when the terrorist apologists said so?

You know. Right after they attacked Israel.

BaalsTears

Senate Member
Jan 25, 2011
Santa Cruz, California
God help me, but I have come to the point that I believe attacking federal property is legitimate. Any one who strikes a blow against the federal govt. in the US is ok as far as I'm concerned.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I'm not sure what to think, but I kinda like the idea of a bloodless revolution. This could get interesting or it could get messed up in a hurry.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
This is pretty creepy and potentially scary. Assuming what they're saying is true anyway. For all we know its just a couple guys in their parents basement.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Why aren't they threatening countries like Iran, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Russia, et al? I want to know why it's just the US. It's hypocracy totally!

JMO

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Why aren't they threatening countries like Iran, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Russia, et al? I want to know why it's just the US. It's hypocracy totally!

JMO

They are not subjected to the same public pressures that are present in a functioning democracy- We are well aware how these countries handle demonstrators that are out of the Party or Religious Line