A Lesson for Lance

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
To be honest, I have to say, I don't know if I would have been this advanced as a human being at this young of an age.

Spanish athlete Iván Fernández Anaya was competing in a cross-country race in Burlada, Navarre. He was running second, some distance behind race leader Abel Mutai - bronze medalist in the 3,000-meter steeplechase at the London Olympics. As they entered the finishing straight, he saw the Kenyan runner - the certain winner of the race - mistakenly pull up about 10 meters before the finish, thinking he had already crossed the line. Fernández Anaya quickly caught up with him, but instead of exploiting Mutai's mistake to speed past and claim an unlikely victory, he stayed behind and, using gestures, guided the Kenyan to the line and let him cross first.

Honesty of the long-distance runner | In English | EL PAÍS

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Might be like pouring water on a duck's back as far as Lance is concerned. From what I can gather from the news on C.B.C. Lance hasn't lost any of his arrogance and admits to being the ring leader in the doping among cyclists!

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Might be like pouring water on a duck's back as far as Lance is concerned. From what I can gather from the news on C.B.C. Lance hasn't lost any of his arrogance and admits to being the ring leader in the doping among cyclists!
maybe he's a psycho path... like for real... not sorry, only sad that he got caught.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

The best of the best! The cock of the walk!

But not better than Bruce Dic kerson.