Shoplifter Choked to Death by Store Manager for Stealing Toothpaste

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
How sad, he just needed toothpaste.

And definitely mob mentality set in.

Would be interesting to know if any of them have slept well since?

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Good thing nobody had a gun. Bloody NRA.

Yes because that's the important part in the death of a man for a tube of toothpaste, the method of killing him. Thanks for bringing up such an incredibly important point, especially since you've taken to mockingly bringing that point up in just about every thread about some one dying since you've been back, I've noticed.

How on earth did we ever get along without you making that same comment over and over again?

Last edited:

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Good thing nobody had a gun. Bloody NRA.
To whom would you give the gun Walter; the homeless man so that he could have shot down everyone around him to defend himself or the store manager so that he could have executed the guy faster?

I know...both sides...could have had the Okay Corral shoot out in downtown Chicago...gangland style.

No wonder people are anti NRA.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
I know...both sides...could have had the Okay Corral shoot out in downtown Chicago...gangland style.
Happens every day in Chicago but the Bamster never says a word. Over 500 dead from guns in Chicago in 2012 with the strictest gun laws in the country. Bloody NRA.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Happens every day in Chicago but the Bamster never says a word. Over 500 dead from guns in Chicago in 2012 with the strictest gun laws in the country. Bloody NRA.
a man is dead over toothpaste and your focus is NRA and saving your precious guns... that is a mind set ... you don't know how to compromise there is no nuance, no thought put forth, no compassion... and that is what I see on Facebook from the countrymen in the States. guns, guns, save our guns... it makes me shake my head and wonder did we devolve and the answer is yes... when 9/11 happened...they won.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
That store manager held his choke hold long after the guy stopped moving.

For a bloody tube of toothpaste...........:roll:..........sick...

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
There are things in life you can't unsee, so, I'm not going to watch this video.

I saw a similar incident once outside of a Safeway, a security guard came barreling out the doors, grabbed a willowy, sickly, obviously homeless man who was walking out (walking, not running), and slammed him face first into the parking lot pavement. The man was yarded up, his wrists behind his back, crying, his face bleeding and full of gravel, hauled up against the wall, and held there with his arms twisted behind his back. It was a takedown worthy of a movie serial killer. The guard victoriously reached into the man's pocket and pulled out the plastic pack of disposable razors he'd pilfered, while screaming at onlookers to call 911 and report a robbery. It was the most absurdly disproportionate thing I've ever had the displeasure of witnessing.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
An unfortunate and tragic accident.

:lol: You're supposed to use purple ink.

The fact that the murderous store manager was not charged is unfortunate and tragic.

a man is dead over toothpaste and your focus is NRA and saving your precious guns... that is a mind set ... you don't know how to compromise there is no nuance, no thought put forth, no compassion... and that is what I see on Facebook from the countrymen in the States. guns, guns, save our guns... it makes me shake my head and wonder did we devolve and the answer is yes... when 9/11 happened...they won.

The word is cognisance, and Walter is without it.

Why I let myself get sucked into replying to the as shole still boggles.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
:lol: You're supposed to use purple ink.

The fact that the murderous store manager was not charged is unfortunate and tragic.

The word is cognisance, and Walter is without it.

Why I let myself get sucked into replying to the as shole still boggles.
that made me laugh out loud...

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
It's Les Miserables in the 21st Century.. with a pedantic, vicious defender of the law (Javert).. in the service of those who have profited to the point of self-indulgent extravagence from sweatshops, free trade and exploiting the poor.. and in pathological pursuit of anyone (Jean Valjean),who would steal for their own sustenance...

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
On page one before we got to the bottom, Walter managed to bring Obama into
the murder of a man over some toothpaste. Yes the old fashioned gang piling on
is alive and well. Also remember, it was not the OK Corral in Chicago it was the
St, Valentines Day Massacre, and that too brought about the beginning of the end
of Mob Rule in Chicago.
This is a case of where those responsible for this mans death should be found guilty
and punished severely. This mob mentality only happens in third world countries right?
Well the man should not have stolen the toothpaste I admit, but committing murder
for toothpaste is criminal in itself.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
"It shows Kyser's final minutes on May 8, 2010, and the beginning of the police investigation into the case. No charges were filed in Kyser's death, which police ruled an accident. CVS has said the manager acted in self-defense after being attacked by Kyser."

So manslaughter has been redefined as being accidental?
Self-defense? Yeah, the homeless dude's fruitless self-defense against 3 people. Un-f'n-real.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
We are living in interesting times, actually the slow strangulation of sanity itself.
Society is becoming a shadow of its former self as we adopt the ways of the
third world that we so often condemn. Today we are resorting to guns, choking
and mob defiance instead of the society we use to have when people had a voice.
I think we are subjected to fear instead of hope.
When fear is the banner we describe society by we trade our freedoms for security,
and someone in history once said if you trade security for freedom you end up with
neither. That is where we are headed unfortunately.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
There are things in life you can't unsee, so, I'm not going to watch this video.

I saw a similar incident once outside of a Safeway, a security guard came barreling out the doors, grabbed a willowy, sickly, obviously homeless man who was walking out (walking, not running), and slammed him face first into the parking lot pavement. The man was yarded up, his wrists behind his back, crying, his face bleeding and full of gravel, hauled up against the wall, and held there with his arms twisted behind his back. It was a takedown worthy of a movie serial killer. The guard victoriously reached into the man's pocket and pulled out the plastic pack of disposable razors he'd pilfered, while screaming at onlookers to call 911 and report a robbery. It was the most absurdly disproportionate thing I've ever had the displeasure of witnessing.
Now you know why in a lot of stores razorblades are behind lock and key.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I think the fact that the manager and mob were not charged is a sad reflection of the willingness of a certain kind of group that exists within the police force which of course merely reflects our larger society. A blind eye was turned because he was a marginalized person and deemed to be of little value to society. He was viewed as a blight and burden and suffered from social exclusion.

The video has surfaced so not all felt that way. Karrie, I didn't watch the video either.