Skinned carcass found in ditch.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
A coyote ate your sh*t tzu!

Concerns of a high number of missing dogs in southeastern Manitoba have escalated following the gruesome discovery of a skinned animal on the side of a highway on Wednesday.

RCMP are investigating the remains of the animal, which was spotted in a ditch by a motorist near New Bothwell.

Earlier this week, several dog owners from the area told media they suspected someone was stealing dogs, noting several have vanished recently under similar circumstances.

Residents also say they’ve found pieces of meat and biscuits they suspect was used in attempts to lure dogs.

RCMP spokesman Const. Miles Hiebert said Friday it’s uncertain if the remains are from a dog or a coyote.

“The remains are being forwarded to the provincial vet for examination,” Hiebert said. “We likely won’t have any answers until next week.”

Winnipeg Sun

I guess they are unaware of the over population of coyotes and the $60 bounty and found a skinned coyote in the ditch?

Somebody got lucky shot themselves a 24 of beer and left the carcass for the other wildlife that terrorized by the coyotes to eat.

The circle of life.... and case of brew to celebrate it.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
So, dogs are missing, meat and biscuits are being used as lure, you think the carcass found in the ditch is that of a coyote someone killed to make a profit off of the skin... and... now I am lost ?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
So, dogs are missing, meat and biscuits are being used as lure, you think the carcass found in the ditch is that of a coyote someone killed to make a profit off of the skin... and... now I am lost ?
People jumping to contusions will do that to you. But dog pelts may not be too easy to sell. Not sure if there is a market.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
People jumping to contusions will do that to you. But dog pelts may not be too easy to sell. Not sure if there is a market.
But if they dogs are expensive I guess they could sell them...can't see there being much of a market for that though, not really. Could be a dog hater it's a lot of trouble to go to though.. why lure them and take them when you could just poison them?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
But if they dogs are expensive I guess they could sell them...can't see there being much of a market for that though, not really. Could be a dog hater it's a lot of trouble to go to though.. why lure them and take them when you could just poison them?
Maybe this dude wears them ala Hannibal the Cannibal.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss

A friend of mine had her English bulldogs stolen by a rescue organization, go figure. Apparently without dogs to rehome it's hard to get donations and grants to run your specialty rescue org.

As to why so many dogs would be going missing with lures involved, that's bizarre. The coyote population being what it is, missing dogs is kind of normal, but coyotes don't usually lure them away with treats.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Maybe this dude wears them ala Hannibal the Cannibal.
lol he's making himself a large coyote suit

A friend of mine had her English bulldogs stolen by a rescue organization, go figure. Apparently without dogs to rehome it's hard to get donations and grants to run your specialty rescue org.

As to why so many dogs would be going missing with lures involved, that's bizarre. The coyote population being what it is, missing dogs is kind of normal, but coyotes don't usually lure them away with treats.
wow with the English bulldogs, way to lose their credibility, talk about unethical...Yeah I can't see a coyote carrying little biscuits in his pocket, then again stranger things have hap...nah, they haven't.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
but coyotes don't usually lure them away with treats.

This one does.

Keep your eyes peeled for him.