Ottawa: murder/suicide

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Here we go again with a mum killing her kids. They haven't released much at this time except that the dad found them.

Ottawa police are investigating what appears to be a double murder and suicide after the bodies of a woman and her two children were found in the basement of their west Ottawa home.
Police were called to the home at 25 Granite Ridge Dr. in the community of Stittsville at about 5:30 p.m. ET, according to a media release.
The father of the children found the bodies, police sources told CBC News, and was later questioned by police.
Investigators suspect the mother — identified by acquaintances as Alison Easton, though police sources say she also sometimes went by the name Alison Corchis — was responsible for the deaths of the couple's son Alex, 10, and daughter Katy, 6.

Apparent murder-suicide leaves 3 dead in Ottawa community - Ottawa - CBC News

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
That's really not normal. Yeah people fall into pits of depression and kill their kids, but women typically smother, drown, gas, or poison their kids. They virtually never stab them. And yes, I get how sad it is that it happens often enough for red flags to go off over how she killed them.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
That's really not normal. Yeah people fall into pits of depression and kill their kids, but women typically smother, drown, gas, or poison their kids. They virtually never stab them. And yes, I get how sad it is that it happens often enough for red flags to go off over how she killed them.
It isn't normal and it would appear as though it came out of nowhere because there is little information and they usually try to give some kind of info just to calm the public and neighbours.

use of a knife usually indicates extreme rage... use of a gun, gives distance...a knife is up close and very personal so right off, it lends deep emotion to the act. I wonder if there was a note.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
We have to restrict mothers from being with their children... it is the only way we can be assured of safety.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Here we go again with a mum killing her kids. They haven't released much at this time except that the dad found them.

Ottawa police are investigating what appears to be a double murder and suicide after the bodies of a woman and her two children were found in the basement of their west Ottawa home.
Police were called to the home at 25 Granite Ridge Dr. in the community of Stittsville at about 5:30 p.m. ET, according to a media release.
The father of the children found the bodies, police sources told CBC News, and was later questioned by police.
Investigators suspect the mother — identified by acquaintances as Alison Easton, though police sources say she also sometimes went by the name Alison Corchis — was responsible for the deaths of the couple's son Alex, 10, and daughter Katy, 6.

Apparent murder-suicide leaves 3 dead in Ottawa community - Ottawa - CBC News
F'n sad.
I still think if someone's having noggin problems and need to vent by killing something, it shouldn't be kids. It should be politicians.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
F'n sad.
I still think if someone's having noggin problems and need to vent by killing something, it shouldn't be kids. It should be politicians.
lol I like your thinking. We need more facts to emerge before we can even hazard a guess as to what happened and the motive behind it.

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
I think he means they should be licensed... and they should have a carry/conceal permit for their (omg) v a g i n a s ... and they should never transport them loaded.

Last edited:

no more drugs

Electoral Member
Jan 21, 2013
Has anyone wondered if antidepressants aka psychotropic drugs were being taken or if she had stopped taking them? A known sude effect of these drugs are induced suicidal and homicidal ideation. I noticed some articles stated she was depressed which leads me to wonder. Deepression has been around forever but the legal mind altering drugs have been around only for a few decades. Depression has been around forever but these violent homicidal/suicidal tragedies seem to be rampant. I saw many reporters questioning neighbors about her, but I didnt hear one ask anyone if they knew of any meds being taken