Grande Prairie Police Hunt Hit and Run Driver

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Toddler injured in crosswalk hit-and-run | Local | News | Daily Herald Tribune

A Grande Prairie mother was crossing 4 lane wide 100th street with her three year old daughter in a stroller, when a northbound vehicle failed to stop along with the rest of traffic, hitting the stroller and injuring the child. She is recovering in hospital, but police are still on the hunt for a woman in a red car, Pontiac Sunfire or similar.

Far too often people fail to notice why traffic around them is stopping. Edmonton alone has seen numerous pedestrian accidents in recent memory due to this. Please take care on the road and consider that stopping when there was no good reason to, is preferable to not stopping when it mattered.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Damn! People are in such an all fired hurry to get where they are going. I hope the little one recovers quickly.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I.m not dragging them in. It is Liberalman who is always saying Alberta is redneck country. I prefer to all them Northern Texans.

I know, I know, sorry... it was hard to say it right with a laugh in it, in a thread about a kid being run over though....my point was just a crack about Grande Prairie and rednecks... rednecks don't drive cars.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I know, I know, sorry... it was hard to say it right with a laugh in it, in a thread about a kid being run over though....my point was just a crack about Grande Prairie and rednecks... rednecks don't drive cars.
Ah, Yes! The jacked up pickup, preferably diesel.