Four dead, including suspected gunman, in Colorado shooting

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
AURORA, Colo. -- Four people, including an armed suspect, died after an hours-long police standoff Saturday at a Colorado townhome, authorities said.

Police Sgt. Cassidee Carlson said a SWAT team was called after gunshots were heard at the Aurora, Colo., home at about 3 a.m. Investigators said three victims, all of them adults, appeared to have been killed before officers arrived.

Carlson said the suspect shot at officers at about 8:15 a.m. and was killed during a gunfight about 45 minutes later when police entered the home. It remained unclear if officers shot the suspect or if he shot himself.

A motive for the killings also was unknown.

"We're just getting in there with our crime scene detectives, so obviously we'll have to determine if it was our rounds or his rounds," Carlson said. "This is a big investigation, and a lot is entailed."

A fifth person escaped uninjured before officers arrived and reported that she saw three people inside the home who "appeared lifeless," Carlson said. The sergeant declined to elaborate about the woman's escape.

Police declined to release the name of the suspect or the victims.

Violence marred Aurora and put the Denver suburb in the national spotlight nearly six months ago when a gunman's bloody rampage inside a movie theater left 12 people dead. Prosecutors will go to court Monday to outline their case against the suspect, James Holmes.

Four dead, including suspected gunman, in Colorado shooting | CTV News

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
woOt!! It's the Wild Wild West!! Gun culture, will never change and no need to.. Just change the laws so everyone can carry a conceled weapon..

Forty states already have.

Since they started allowing concealed carry back in the very early 90s, the murder rate has dropped over 50%.

True tale!!!

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
So we arm everyone just like in the nineteenth century. Perhaps we should bring back
the wearing of side arms too and shoot it out in the street. Colpy I am not doubting you
or your statement but I am beginning to believe the gun culture itself should be looked
at.
The problem again is not the criminals with guns its crazy people like this one with guns.
Middle of the night gunman occupants dead in home one woman escapes but does not
say there was a home invasion, at least not that we know. Perhaps all knew each other.

its difficult to change the mind set of a culture that has been around since the American
revolution. but slowly these people have to rethink what they are doing.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
So we arm everyone just like in the nineteenth century. .

Sorry for my short answer, but "Hell ya!!"

Oh yeah anyone around the strip club on 32nd Ave by Costo, I'm the fella in the back corner with a couple a dances going on, Texas ball cap and Houston Texans banner (16 to 10) Come on over... Beer is on me. ;)

I'll be here at least 1 more hr.. Cheers !!

PS SLM this is where you call me a chovinistic pig ... I agree .. 110% and Red Neck to boot.

Gotta love iPhone ;)

19 to 13 Houston is still kicking Tiger Cats rear end... woOt!!!

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Oh ya, meeting at a strip bar... my wife and I's idea of the perfect get together place.:roll:

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Oh ya, meeting at a strip bar... my wife and I's idea of the perfect get together place.:roll:

Thank God you said THAT!! gerryh. I saw a few guys bring in their girlfriends/wives.. how disrespectful for the woman.. those bars are to go out with the buddies, throw $300 bucks around, have a few naked women rub themselves all over ya.. and just get drunk and party.

BTW, the guys in Canadian strip bars look like zombies.. like they never saw a naked women before.. what happen with getting up and dancing with the girl.. throw her $5 and just have fun..

I never seen a bigger bunch of comatose dudes in my life..

I would have only expected 1. folks living in Calgary (you're excluded from that gerryh), and 2. single guys wanting to get sloshed for free to show up. Goober??

You know what the problem is with "Canadian" strip clubs.. the guys that go there think that have a snowballs chance in hell to bring the women home and screw them, so they act coooooool. They have to act cool and not have fun or loosen up.

The male strip clubs in Indiana, the girls are crazier then the guys.. they have fun. Grabbing at you.. it's crazy and wild.

Love this poster. http://metroplexautos.com/images/teaser.jpg (adult)

It's all about money.. if you want to bring the girl home, you better have $1,000 bucks for a couple of hrs. This isn't Mexico.

Forty states already have.

Since they started allowing concealed carry back in the very early 90s, the murder rate has dropped over 50%.

True tale!!!

NOT IN CALIFORNIA!!

Yeah, in Texas.. just not in California.

Last edited: