Maybe She Was Adopted?

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

Student gets restraining order against parents

By QMI Agency

A Cincinnati college student has obtained a restraining order against her helicopter parents who followed her around campus and spied on her electronically.
Aubrey Ireland, 21, told a court hearing her parents would regularly drive 600 miles from Leawood, Kan., unannounced to visit her and accuse of her of drug abuse, mental illness and promiscuity, reports the Cincinnati Enquirer.
Ireland denied the claims, so they went to the head of her music department to complain their daughter had mental issues. They threatened to take her to court to force her to get treated.
They got these ideas from the personal details they gleaned about Ireland while spying on her via electronic monitoring software they secretly installed in her phone and laptop, the parents admitted at the Oct. 9 hearing.
Ireland -- who makes the Dean's list every semester and stars regularly in musical theatre performances -- testified she felt like "a dog with a collar on."
The situation got so out of control, the school hired security guards to keep the pair out of their daughter's theatre performances.

The parents have been ordered to stay at least 500 feet away from her and have no contact with her until at least Sept. 23, 2013.
They, in turn, cut off her tuition and demanded she pay back the $66,000 US they'd already shelled out.
A judge ruled against the demand and the school offered the young woman a scholarship for her final year.

Student gets restraining order against parents - Weird News - Canoe.ca

It's always a good idea to know what you're kids are up to but generally speaking when they're at college and making the Dean's List, you'd think they'd back off. Wire tapping her phone goes a tad beyond concerned parenting.8O

Have to wonder how she managed to grow up to be the kind of person who excels at school with such wacky parents. I think they're the ones that should be evaluated for mental illness.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
That dress looks very revealing as well, she is one very bad kid. The type of 'bad' that many parents would hope to have, and that is inspite of crazy parents. Funny how that works, the gene pool has it own way.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I really have a hard time trying to decide if this is serious or just good self promotion.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I really have a hard time trying to decide if this is serious or just good self promotion.

Well a judge awarded in her favour when her parents sued get their tuition funds reimbursed, and I'm guessing the judge is a rather serious person.