77% of Americans Will Pay More Taxes in 2013

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
77% of Americans Will Pay More Taxes in 2013

The heated fiscal cliff negotiations are over — for now — so it's time to assess your wallet. You probably understand the centerpiece of President Obama's much maligned offer to Republicans, which raised income taxes on the wealthiest Americans by allowing the Bush-era tax cuts to expire for the highest brackets. (Obama was aiming to increase taxes on individuals making more than $250,000 per year and, but eventually settled on a threshold of $400,000, and $450,000 for couples.) Buried within the bill that the House passed last night, however, is a provision that a majority of Americans will begin to feel immediately: the expiration of a payroll tax break introduced in 2010. This means some 77% of Americans will pay a bigger portion of their income to the federal government, reports The New York Times:

Indeed, for most lower- and middle-income households, the payroll tax increase will most likely will equal or exceed the value of the income tax savings. A household earning $50,000 in 2013, roughly the national median, will avoid paying about $1,000 more in income taxes — but pay about $1,000 more in payroll taxes.

The good news, according to non-partisan Tax Policy Center (whose report the Times cites), is that very few non-wealthy households will face a net increase in taxes. The center "calculated that less than 5 percent of families earning $200,000 to $500,000 will actually pay more." Which pretty much aligns with what President Obama said at the White House late last night — that he "will sign a law that raises taxes on the wealthiest 2 percent of Americans while preventing a middle-class tax hike that could have sent the economy back into recession and obviously had a severe impact on families all across America."

source: 77% of Americans Will Pay More Taxes in 2013 - Yahoo! News

So if you get a 4% raise this year.. the government get's half of it.. I hope all those effected voted for Obama. lol

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
EVERYONE will be paying more taxes. As long as there is inflation there will be increased tax spending.

Inflation is how shortfalls will be paid off. If I owe you ten bucks and 2 weeks later ten bucks only buys you what five bucks did two weeks ago, you're screwed and in the big picture I only repaid half of the debt.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
EVERYONE will be paying more taxes. As long as there is inflation there will be increased tax spending.

Inflation is how shortfalls will be paid off. If I owe you ten bucks and 2 weeks later ten bucks only buys you what five bucks did two weeks ago, you're screwed and in the big picture I only repaid half of the debt.

If you live in one of these countries... EVERYONE does not pay higher taxes.. as a matter of fact citizens of these countries no NO INCOME TAXES!!

Countries With Zero Income Taxes

United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Oman, Kuwait, Cayman Islands, Bahrain, Bermuda, & The Bahamas