Eleven children killed in China school bus crash

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
At least 11 Chinese kindergarten children have died after the minivan they were travelling to school in, plunged into a pond. Fifteen children were in the vehicle when it crashed in a rural part of southern Jiangxi province.

Chinese TV reports that the van may have been travelling too fast and was forced to swerve to avoid a parked car. The driver has been arrested. The accident is one of a string of deadly road accidents in China. In rural areas, many buses and trucks are old and badly maintained.

“(I saw) a teacher at the door. She was holding a child up so that she stayed above the water. It was my daughter so I stretched out my hand and pulled her up. Then I pulled out another child the teacher was holding. I tried to save anyone I could,” said Tong Huibing, local resident and father of one of the survivors.

Three children died on the spot. Another eight died at a local hospital after being pulled from the pond. There was much public anger after the deaths of 18 nursery school children in a similar bus crash in November 2011. After that accident, Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao pledged more money for school bus services.

news video/source

Eleven children killed in China school bus crash - Yahoo!

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Oh no, please, no regulations for bussing children. Busses don't kill, drivers do.