Scarlett Johansson Photo Hacker Gets 10 Years In Jail

Locutus
10 years eh.

A U.S. federal judge sentenced a hacker to 10 years in prison on Monday after he broke into the personal online accounts of Scarlett Johansson, Christina Aguilera and other women and posted revealing photos and other material on the Internet.

U.S. District Judge S. James Otero sentenced Christopher Chaney in Los Angeles after hearing from a tearful Johansson in a videotaped statement. The case included the revelation that nude photos taken by Johansson of herself and meant for her then-husband Ryan Reynolds were leaked online.

"I have been truly humiliated and embarrassed," Johansson said. "I find Christopher Chaney's actions to be perverted and reprehensible."

Prosecutors said Chaney, 35, of Jacksonville, Fla., also targeted two women he knew, sending nude pictures of one former co-worker to her father. The judge noted the damage to the women was in some ways worse than what Chaney's celebrity victims endured.

more

Hacker gets 10 years in prison for Johansson, Aguilera photo leaks - Arts & Entertainment - CBC News

tay
I realize this is an american case but I do wonder if 'physical stalkers' get such long sentences????

'As pernicious and serious as physical stalking'

L Gilbert
Quote: Originally Posted by tayView Post

I realize this is an american case but I do wonder if 'physical stalkers' get such long sentences????

'As pernicious and serious as physical stalking'

It varies depending on a few things. This dude got a whack of years: Man gets 26-year jail term for 17 years of stalking - TODAY News - TODAY.com

gore0bsessed
+1
OMG SO EMBARRASSED MY PERFECT SEXY BODY AND NATURAL VOLUPTUOUS BOOBIES WERE EXPOSED TO THE WORLD --*sob*

L Gilbert
+1
Looks like someone needs to grow up.

SLM
+4 / -1
#6  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by gore0bsessedView Post

OMG SO EMBARRASSED MY PERFECT SEXY BODY AND NATURAL VOLUPTUOUS BOOBIES WERE EXPOSED TO THE WORLD --*sob*

What are you? Twelve?

CDNBear
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

What are you? Twelve?

That was rhetorical right?

We need a colour or font for that.

SLM
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

Of course. All asinine comments get rhetorical questions.

Quote:

I don't do coloured font, I prefer the stark contrast of black and white. It's more artistic, lol.

L Gilbert
+2

Comic sans MS would work. Kids like cartoon fonts. B&W is ok but kids like colors, too.

gore0bsessed
#4 Top Rated Post

I was poking fun at how she's literally crying about a couple pictures of her nude, where she looks exquisite, was shown over the internet. Fine maybe you don't want to have your picture out their nude on the internet but these crocodile tears, acting like she her reputation was just ruined is just absurd!
why am i explaining this?

CDNBear
+1

#4 Top Rated Post

No it's not.

Post #6 is.
Quote:

I was poking fun at how she's literally crying about a couple pictures of her nude, where she looks exquisite, was shown over the internet. Fine maybe you don't want to have your picture out their nude on the internet but this bubbling crocodile tears acting like she her reputation was just ruined is just absurd!

According to you.

But she's her own person.

Quote:

The feeling of your toes on you tonsils starting make you think?

gore0bsessed
White knighting a privledged, whiny celebrity, lol. Just when we thought he couldn't be any more of a douchebag!

CDNBear

Just when we thought he couldn't be any more of a douchebag!

Our sentiments exactly.

gore0bsessed
What, you also think you're a douchebag? That's the first step to improvement, admittance. You're progressing.

CDNBear
+1

What, you also think you're a douchebag? That's the first step to improvement, admittance. You're progressing.

I didn't think you would understand that post. But it was nice of you to admit that you were breaking the forums rules, lol.

Thanks for not disappointing.

SLM
+3

#4 Top Rated Post

I was poking fun at how she's literally crying about a couple pictures of her nude, where she looks exquisite, was shown over the internet. Fine maybe you don't want to have your picture out their nude on the internet but these crocodile tears, acting like she her reputation was just ruined is just absurd!

You think that's what the article was about? Did you even read it?

Quote:

Prosecutors said Chaney, 35, of Jacksonville, Fla., also targeted two women he knew, sending nude pictures of one former co-worker to her father.

Maybe they're just 'crying over having their boobies exposed' too?

Or how about
Quote:

Prosecutors said Chaney illegally accessed the email accounts of more than 50 people in the entertainment industry between November 2010 and October 2011.

50 people? Oh but what the hell right? As long as they "look exquisite" nude (your words) they should just stop whining about having their privacy invaded.

Quote:

Some of Aguilera's photos appeared online after Chaney sent an email from the account of her stylist, Simone Harouche, to Aguilera asking the singer for scantily clad photographs, prosecutors said.

Quote:

Chaney's computer hard drive contained numerous private celebrity photos and a document that compiled their extensive personal data, according to a search warrant.

This guy is a grade A stalker and a perverted douchebag who apparently has no compunctions about stealing personal information of other people.

I really don't give a damn about 'celebrities', people are people. Three of the fifty people involved actually came forward, one of whom is the "whiny" Ms. Johansson, in order to give testimony against this creep.

Oh but what the hell right? It's just a "couple of pictures of her nude" so what's the big deal? Well since you apparently need it explained to you, the big deal is that the deciding factor of whether it is right or wrong to hack into someone's personal computer and make public personal photos and other information is not contingent upon whether or not you find them aesthetically pleasing to look at. If any woman wants to make public nude photos of herself, that is her choice, not the choice of some pervert hacker or the idiots out there who scramble at any chance to "look at some boobies".

CDNBear
+2
Pulease! Goreby has no need of facts, or reading of articles.

It interferes with the consumption of his feet.

SLM
+1

Pulease! Goreby has no need of facts, or reading of articles.

It interferes with the consumption of his feet.

Toe jam optional.