Man with knife wounds 22 schoolkids in China

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
A knife-wielding man wounded 22 children at a primary school in central China Friday.

The BBC reported that the attack happened early in the morning at the gate of a school in Chenpeng village in Henan province.
Police arrested a 36-year-old local man at the scene.

They say the man first attacked an elderly woman, then students, before being subdued by security guards.

Security at China's schools has been increased in recent years following a spate of similar knife attacks in which nearly 20 children have been killed.

Sun News : Man with knife wounds 22 schoolkids in China

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
No video footage of microphones being shoved into kids faces? What kind of news reporting do they have over in China? Doesn't the public have a right to know exactly how these kids felt at the moment their lives were in jeopardy?

Sigh, I guess freaks will use any kind of weapon in order to inflict pain and suffering on others. Poor kids.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Too bad he didn't have an assault rifle. Could have mowed down way more than that. You know they're really packed in there in China. Really a low count. An American would have gotten a much higher body count with superior fire power.
Bet he could have shot each kid between 3 and 11 times and much faster than that clunky old knife.

Quick! Round up all the knives and register them.

You need to hone your sarcasm skills.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Actually in china they already tried the round up all the knives thing according to legend
anyway. The Emperor was afraid of weapons in the hands of the people so he had the
cutlery rounded up and replaced every thing with chopsticks

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
With guns being far harder to get a hold of in China, this seems to be the method of mass-attacks. I believe a similar incident happened a year or two ago, but I can't recall if there were any fatalities that time(I believe, however, that the attacker has already been executed).

Knife or gun. In the end, all that matters is that children were attacked by a gutless piece of crap, and too many lives have been cut far too short, and the survivors have to live with this for the rest of their lives. I doubt it will be an easy thing.:(

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Shadow, you're onto something there. Now if the media would start reporting these
shootings as you've described them, like, "It seems another gutless piece of crap with
undoubtably a teeny tiny pee wee has cowardly attacked children with a firearm, as
this piece of refuse couldn't managed to have possibly dealt with an angry 6yr old let
along an adult. The cowards name will never be released, as it is not worth the breath
to even mention it, but his/her/it's bullet riddled corpse will be tossed on an ant hill in
some unnamed land fill at some time when it is convenient."...or something along those
lines.

That would remove the twisted attempt at some sick rejects 15 minutes of fame, if that
happens to be one of the motivations.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
There was an episode of NCIS that had a serial killer that laid out deathtraps for his unsuspecting victims, the trap being set off sometime in the future. Now, after being captured, he said the reason he did it was to be known as one of the most notorious serial killers ever known. He also said that if they broadcast him talking about his evil deeds on that night's evening news, then he would tell them who his next victim was in time to save them. They did so, of course, but in the end they gave him the shaft. When the news aired, the crime was talked about, but when it came to name him, all that was said was "In the interest of National Security, the suspect's name is being withheld".

Now, I realize that it was a fictional television show, but why couldn't we have something similar in real-world situations? Obviously, notoriety isn't the only reason these scumwads do it, but why do they deserve any mention? The victims deserve to be talked about, not the pieces of crap that caused so much pain and agony.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I was thinking about that "Luca McFreakshow" who chopped up the Asian Dude when
I typed the above. When he was caught, I think he was in an Internet café reading about
himself in the news. They've got to be getting their jollies in the belief that they'll be famous.

Not only take that away like you suggest, but mock them, so that they know they'll only be
mocked....and their name will never be mentioned, let along know.