Massachusetts voters overwhelmingly want pot dispensaries in somebody else's backyard

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
The Boston Redevelopment Authority scrambled to keep pot clinics from popping up in undesired places after Jan. 1, when the state’s new medical marijuana law goes into effect.

At Thursday night’s meeting, the BRA board backed a zoning amendment that defines such dispensaries for the first time as a specific use — then bans them everywhere unless an applicant goes to the Zoning Board of Appeal, faces neighborhood scrutiny and wins approval.

“I would rather err on the side of caution,” said Boston City Councilor Rob Consalvo. “I can already see someone sneaking something in on some loophole.”

dude, more

City: Districts can zone out pot shops | Boston Herald

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
This is very typical of Massachusetts and the nimby attitudes of the liberals in this state. Very often the will of the voters are ignored as there are no checks or balances in this rock solid liberal Democrat state.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
This is very typical of Massachusetts and the nimby attitudes of the liberals in this state. Very often the will of the voters are ignored as there are no checks or balances in this rock solid liberal Democrat state.
It must be rather irksome for a right wing republican to live among idiots. I feel for ya man.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
It must be rather irksome for a right wing republican to live among idiots. I feel for ya man.

Are there left wing republicans?

I don't see a problem with this. There will be some little town just outside their jurisdiction that will capitalize on this.A couple of pot clinics and a mega mall could be born bringing many jobs and dollars with it.

Just pot clinics and food fairs. Call it MUNCHIE MALL.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
How about the prescription narcotics dispensed from local pharmacies?

Maybe they think Reefer Madness was a documentary?

You mean it isn't? Another belief shattered. Next you are going to tell us Santa Claus isn't real either, aren't you?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I'd rather have a weed shop in my backyard than hookers giving hummers. I'm tired of all the condoms in the alley.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
We keep hearing pedo this and pedo that and how terrible it is but to date, I've never seen a John pulled over by the cops on the Pedo-stroll.