Falklands War more complicated than I thought


#juan
+2
#1  Top Rated Post
Britain's first retaliation to the attack of the Falklands was a lot more complicated
than I ever thought. The following video shows just how complcated it was:

XM607 - Falklands' Most Daring Raid - YouTube (external - login to view)
 
damngrumpy
#2
Amazing it was close and I remember following the struggle. Britain is one of those countries
that somehow always finds a way to get it done and can hold out alone for a long time before
the others come into action. WWII is a prime example, the Americans came in in 1942 but the
Brits and Canadians were fighting from 1939 to stop the Germans.
In this war it was more about resolve than anything else and it could have had a huge impact
on inter American relations had it gone on for any length of time.
 
#juan
#3
It took about ten refueling aircraft to get one bomber(Vulcan)to the target....which was to bomb the runways
at Port Stanley to force the Argentinians to move back to the mainland....a critical step.
 
Colpy
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by #juanView Post

Britain's first retaliation to the attack of the Falklands was a lot more complicated
than I ever thought. The following video shows just how complcated it was:

XM607 - Falklands' Most Daring Raid - YouTube (external - login to view)

Thanks, Juan....that was a great watch....
 
Kreskin
#5
That was awesome Juan, thanks.
 
Locutus
#6
Yep. Quality vid. Thanks.
 
#juan
#7
Yeah that video is a keeper. In my mind what was spectacular is all the simple things that could have
gone wrong but didn't. Losing just one of those refueling tankers for any reason could have scrubbed the whole
mission. I particularly liked the self effacing manner of the crews........"Monty Python could not have done any better".
Last edited by #juan; Dec 16th, 2012 at 09:45 AM..
 
EagleSmack
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpyView Post

Amazing it was close and I remember following the struggle. Britain is one of those countries
that somehow always finds a way to get it done and can hold out alone for a long time before
the others come into action. WWII is a prime example, the Americans came in in 1942 but the
Brits and Canadians were fighting from 1939 to stop the Germans.

Not exactly but I know some of you have trouble with facts regarding this. One need only check Canadian military history during WWII to see but facts don't agree with the fantasy.
 
earth_as_one
#9
The US got into the war when they attacked the Japanese on December 7, 1941.
 
gerryh
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by earth_as_oneView Post

The US got into the war when they attacked the Japanese on December 7, 1941.


They attacked the Japanese?
 
DaSleeper
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by earth_as_oneView Post

The US got into the war when they attacked the Japanese on December 7, 1941.

Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

They attacked the Japanese?

You have to remember Gerry, that this guy come from another world...... Bizarro World (external - login to view) ....to be exact.
 
#juan
+1
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

Not exactly but I know some of you have trouble with facts regarding this. One need only check Canadian military history during WWII to see but facts don't agree with the fantasy.

It`s not all fantasy. By the end of 1939 Canada had several divisions in England though there was not yet much of a ground war
going on there. Canada lost a battle with the Japanese in 1939. Only about half the Canadian prisoners taken by the Japanese
survived the war due to their miserable treatment and slave labour.
 
Colpy
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by earth_as_oneView Post

The US got into the war when they attacked the Japanese on December 7, 1941.

Yeah, the USA assaulted Japanese bombs with the USS Arizona.

I am going to assume, for the sake of my sanity, that your post was just a mistake in phrasing.

 
Rickricardo
#14
I was living in Argentina back then. The neo-Nazi, evil military were cutting us into pieces, torture and the like. Then came our salvation: the Falklands War. It was a war Argentina had prepared for a long time, yet they had it planned for 1983-4; contrary to what people in Argentina believed, the Argentine military had great equipment, yet they had not finished the planning. The great factor was Margaret Thatcher. The Argies, male chauvinists to the core, underestimated Thatcher, "Hey, Britain is led by a woman, this is a piece of cake for us." For real, I know their mentality. Yet the Argentine Army was brave only to abduct, torture, and kill innocent Argentinians; when it had to try itself at Goose Green only one (1) army officer fought along with army staff personnel and conscript soldiers, what a bunch of cowards! Sadly, Colonel Jones died in that battle; in what I am concerned, he died for my freedom as an Argentinian, so he is my hero along with Thatcher. Since you are raising this issue, the Argentine military took the Falklands War to be a battle only; in their minds the war is still going on, simply because they have modified Von Clausewitz war doctrines to mean that war is a permanent state of affairs, a radically Hobbesian vision of the world and war. As a free-lance journalist here in Buffalo, NY, I have long come to the conclusion that Argentina has a small nuclear weapon stockpile, as a CIA declassified document from the Eighties suggested it was to happen. So think about it, the same madmen, the same military schools in Argentina, plus the possibility of nuclear weapons. Believe me, they do want to take over the Falklands. Of course, Britain is a tough cookie; Argentina is intent in making Cuba's national security doctrine of a "Caribbean Vietnam" against the United States a Latin American cause. There may be more to come...

I have to warn the readers that in every forum I produce my opinions against Argentina fakes from that nation show up to post opinions against mine, yet which are not sincere opinions. Those of you in this forum would be surprise at how much Argentine espionage there is out there; so when I begin to give my opinions against Argentina most obviously Argentine intelligence officers begin to impersonate people from any country. Yet by reading between the lines it is not that difficult to detect them as intelligence officers. In fact, this is the first time I am going public against the Argentine military. No "conspiracy theory" here, but intelligence and geopolitical analysis only. Then, a question naturally arises: why are Western governments so silent about these things pertaining Argentina? Isn't it obvious to the governments that there is a "new Trilateral," this is Argentina, Iran, and Venezuela? Look at how Hezbollah is setting up operations in Venezuela; how the Argentine Army provided Hezbollah with explosives to attack both the Israeli Embassy and the DAIA Jewish social center in Buenos Aires. Plus the international campaign, even at the United Nations, Argentina is making regarding the Martin Garcia island; this is in order to "vindicate" the "natives" of Martin Garcia, the latter not being natives at all; yet Argentine diplomacy knows that it pays off to side with "the oppressed," the "victims," however sad it may be that these people were displaced from their island: what Argentina wants is to trash both Great Britain and the United States over the Martin Garcia matter. With the sole purpose to set the United Nations against Britain regarding the Falklands issue.

Those of you interested in the Falklands issue may read the only newspaper of the Falklands, Penguin News. In that newspaper, you will find out how Argentina keeps the peaceful people of the Falklands harassed by any possible means; from an Argentine Navy "blockade" meant to entice Cuba into Argentina's game only (i.e. the U.S. blockade of Cuba); plus permanent harassment to cruise ships heading to or returning from the Falklands. Periodically, Argentinians "invade" the Falklands, for instance when they illegally entered the Falklands to make a shameful movie called "****land," the main idea of which is not but the Nazi German Lebensborn's. As the Argies (I am now a U.S. citizen) are crazed about blondes: a freaky fantasy of dominance. Make no mistake: beneath the appearance of democracy in Argentina there is a Nazified society. The model is similar to the model Jonah Goldberg poses in "Liberal fascism," this is a liberal Gleichschaltung silencing opinions in the United States. Same thing in Argentina, but it is a fascist Gleichschaltung. I may begin to post here passages of my investigative work to make the whole matter more understandable; for now, I only want to say that there is a lot of misinformation in the West. Perhaps Canada, as a bilingual nation, is a little less misinformed than we are in the United States. Then, President Obama never misses a chance of mushing with Argentina's president; take a look at the pictures of Obama with Cristina Kirchner. The latest of which, in Colombia, had Obama mistranslating "Falklands" into "Maldives."

A fragment of my investigative work: "In 2012, an Argentine athlete,Fernando Zylberberg, was infiltrated, early in the morning, into Port Stanley,the capital of the Falkland Islands; then he was illegally filmed while joggingand excercising in town. One has to seeZylberberg’s face before he hides his head under a hoodie: he really looks likea criminal. For it was a criminalendeavor disguised as legitimate propaganda: Zylberberg was an illegal alien,to begin with; a “respectable” athlete lending himself to one such a game. Yet the video portrays him both as a heroand, of course, a patriot, while he runs by the Penguin News and otherlandmarks of Port Stanley. The video ofthe above illegal alien affair at the Falklands was then made into ancommercial and shown on national television in Argentina. It ends with some words for “ the fallen”soldiers, and the official seal of the Presidency of the Republic of Argentina."

But, then, PresidentObama might even hold a grudge against Great Britain, for what J. ChristianAdams have to say in “Injustice-Exposing the racial agenda of the Obama JusticeDepartment” when quoting President Obama’s own words about growing op inHawaii: “My grandfather was a cook to the British in Kenya. Grew up in a small village and all his life,that’s what he was –a cook and a house boy. And that’s what they called him, even when he was 60 years old. They called him a house boy. They wouldn’t call him by his last name. Sound familiar?” (Op. Cit. page 106). One can smell Postcolonial politics in theabove words. For instance, the “evilcolonialist British” against “victim Argentina.” VictimArgentina: one just has to find out what happened to Argentine soldiers atthe hands of their own officers during the Falklands War. Indeed, veteran Argentine soldiers keptsilent for years about the abuses they endured by the own officers at theFalkland War; only recently they have begun to fight back. Anything from Argentine Army officers torturing soldiers to making conscript soldiers go hungry.

Sorry that when I post directly from my manuscript it does not come up right; but you will get my point. By 1976, Argentina made a significant geopolitical shift. First, it no longer considered sovereignty over the Falklands a matter of sovereignty over the South Atlantic: it turned to be a goal of seizing these islands. The neo-Nazi military's plan was, on one hand, to settle the conflict with Chile over the Beagle Channel by force; then attacking the Falklands; finally, go against Brazil on account of Argentina's covet for the fertile lands of the Brazilian state of Rio Grande do Sul. Why the latter? Because, unlike in the United States, the ideal of wealth in Argentina is owning a big ranch to raise cattle by the dozens of thousands. As you all know, cattle raising requires no technology, plus there is almost no risk in terms of an investment. When Argentina was created as a nation, the land seized from the Indians was given away in a manner that military leaders got literally thousands of square miles of land; a huge cattle-raising oligarchy was thus formed. The Argentine military long for that model of a society because it would reproduce the old patriarchal type of societies. Nothing else will make that kind of fascists happy. In the end, seizing the Falklands in 1982 was just a milestone; the real objective for Argentina being to be the ruler of South America. It is a true Nazi mentality, and it is still there in Argentina. It would only take a coup d'état for the Argentine military to give it another try to the Falklands; yet they know it well, Britain is well-prepared. Thus Argentina's plan to isolate Great Britain in the United Nations; then hoping President Obama finally takes a firm stand against Britain regarding the Falklands, for instance as a matter of "Postcolonial politics," which Obama intensively discussed in his youth.

I can only hope that, should the moment come to confront Argentina on the side of Great Britain, Canada stands very firm for Britain. One would prefer war not to be the solution for problems in international relations; yet sometimes it is the only solution. Canadians played a significant role against European Nazism during the Second World War; thus I regard Canada as a nation that will stand up for freedom. For, sooner or later Argentina will show its teeth, the true colors of its "democracy," an Orwellian democracy of which I managed to flee in 1982. In passing, I love Montreal; I still have to visit Vancouver.
 
Sons of Liberty
#15
England has always interfered all over the world, stopping bad people doing horrible things out of the goodness of their heart.
 
Rickricardo
#16
Where did you learn English? Mongolia?
 
gerryh
+2
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by RickricardoView Post

Where did you learn English? Mongolia?


Wow, should we go over that voluminous post that you vomited on to the board and critic your spelling and grammar?
 
Spade
#18
Critique his ideas, Gerry.
 
gerryh
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by SpadeView Post

Critique his ideas, Gerry.


Is that what he was doing with Liberty?
 
SLM
+2
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by SpadeView Post

Critique his ideas, Gerry.

What ideas? This one?

Quote: Originally Posted by RickricardoView Post

Where did you learn English? Mongolia?

That you would count this as an 'idea' Spade means giving the term "idea" a completely new and quite inaccurate definition. This is just a childish retort.
 
Kreskin
#21
Speculation about Obama holding a grudge is just that, speculation. Unfortunately he can't undo history. To level an accusation towards him based solely on how his family may have been mistreated or disrespected is the usual journalistic balderdash. I give no credence to rubbish, which then makes me question what else might be rubbish in your historical accounts.
 
damngrumpy
+1
#22
America up to the Pearl Harbour Attack were playing both sides with who ever
could afford to buy war materials. There were no massive preparations to land
American troops On the Isle of Britain because of an Isolationist Policy.
Once Pearl Harbour happened America declared war on Japan, but they did not
declare war on Germany. Germany in fact declared war on America thus making
it impossible to ignore anymore. America didn't exactly come running to the front
early in WW! either.I am glad they finally showed up. Britain and her allies were
asking where is the lone Ranger.
 
Rickricardo
#23
Thank you, damngrumpy, for being a good-faith forum participant; it is indeed enlightening to hear from you.

Assuming that you are a good-faith forum participant, which I can't take for granted at all, there is no eternal and definite version of history; history is a matter of opinion. There is such thing as "historical facts," on the basis of which, according to one's interpretation, history is built as it is. There is a saying in my native Argentina: "History is told by the winners," a saying applied to Hitler, this is arguing that Hitler's version of history might as well be the "definite" truth. Then, you are not brandishing any argument based on either/or geopolitics/intelligence; you are just trying to discredit me as a "conspiracy theorist." The readers who know how to read between the lines will not rule out the possibility that you might indeed be an Argie, this is a military intelligence officer. I challenge you to somehow show, with the truth in your mind and words, that you are a good-faith participant of this excellent forum. Call me a "conspiracy theorist" if you thus desire, yet, please, brandish concrete arguments against me as a free-lance investigative journalist; for your argument so far sounds to me like an Ad Hominem logical fallacy. In passing, in every forum I raise complaints/allegations against Argentina always the same kind of arguments against my line of reasoning are brandished; same Ad Hominem attacks, trying to discredit me, etc. A challenge: why do you think the Argies call the British "the English," then calling them "pirates"? Whenever in freaky Argentina everything is pirated in terms of copyrights and patents, like in China. Just identify yourself as a good faith forum participant; then I will carefully listen to what you may have to say.

My last paragraph was addressed to Kreskin.
 
EagleSmack
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by #juanView Post

Canada lost a battle with the Japanese in 1939. .

I missed this post a year ago. Can you name this battle and where it was fought?

 
PoliticalNick
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

That you would count this as an 'idea' Spade means giving the term "idea" a completely new and quite inaccurate definition. This is just a childish retort.

At least you recognize what you post and aren't afraid to include an honest description within it.
 
Rickricardo
#26
The reason I am in this forum being that Canada is a part of the British Crown, I am trying to raise awareness about the need to keep an eye on Argentina as a sworn enemy of Great Britain. For, until Mordechai Vanunu came up with evidence about Israel having the nukes, Western governments kept silent about it. I am the first individual raising this issue: what about if Argentina actually has the nukes? No bid deal, low-yield nukes, as of 2008 submarine torpedoes, yet by now the middle-range Condor missile might have been resuscitated as well. Where would you Canadians stand in case of a new Argentine aggression against the Falklands? A submarine torpedo can flow a fleet; course, if I by chance know the truth about it, Britain must know it as well, plus the United States, most certainly. Add here Iran, and let's imagine the unthinkable: a two-front nuclear war. Iran has fast boats that would be scary with nuclear warhead-missiles. What is President Obama doing about Iran? Appesement. Take a look about a possible Argentina-Iran connection. Western governments are keeping too many secrets from the people.
 
#juan
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by RickricardoView Post

The reason I am in this forum being that Canada is a part of the British Crown, I am trying to raise awareness about the need to keep an eye on Argentina as a sworn enemy of Great Britain. For, until Mordechai Vanunu came up with evidence about Israel having the nukes, Western governments kept silent about it. I am the first individual raising this issue: what about if Argentina actually has the nukes? No bid deal, low-yield nukes, as of 2008 submarine torpedoes, yet by now the middle-range Condor missile might have been resuscitated as well. Where would you Canadians stand in case of a new Argentine aggression against the Falklands? A submarine torpedo can flow a fleet; course, if I by chance know the truth about it, Britain must know it as well, plus the United States, most certainly. Add here Iran, and let's imagine the unthinkable: a two-front nuclear war. Iran has fast boats that would be scary with nuclear warhead-missiles. What is President Obama doing about Iran? Appesement. Take a look about a possible Argentina-Iran connection. Western governments are keeping too many secrets from the people.

Argentina got their a$$ kicked. The British government left a larger military contingent than was there when Argentina first invaded. I don't think they will try that again knowing British resolve to keep the Falklands.
 
EagleSmack
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by #juanView Post

. Canada lost a battle with the Japanese in 1939. .


Juan? A little background info on this?
 
petros
#29
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

Juan? A little background info on this?

Hong Kong
 
EagleSmack
+1
#30
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Hong Kong


Battle of Hong Kong in 1939?
 
no new posts