UN group wants Europe's 'baby boxes' banned


gerryh
+5
#1
UN group wants Europe's 'baby boxes' banned; others say they save lives of unwanted infants

Seems like, what the preferred method would be is, for the mother to kill the baby rather than go through with the pregnancy and give the baby up.

Isn't it nice that Canada and the U.N. are in line with this way of thinking? Better to abort than give birth and allow it to live.

UN group wants Europe's 'baby boxes' banned; others say they save lives of unwanted infants - Yahoo! News Canada (external - login to view)
 
Most helpful post: The members here have rated this post as best reply.
SLM
+6
#2  Top Rated Post
Quote:

But they have drawn the attention of human rights advocates who think they are bad for the children and merely avoid dealing with the problems that lead to child abandonment.

So don't avoid dealing with the problems that lead to child abandonment then. It's not as we don't know what those issues are.

In my opinion, I'd rather hear about a dozen babies being left in these boxes than hear about one newborn found dead in a dumpster somewhere.
 
earth_as_one
+1
#3
I am having difficulty seeing why people would oppose a safe anonymous way for unwanted babies to enter the adoption system. The baby boxes are supplementary to other ways mothers can give babies up for adoption.
 
Liberalman
#4
Government should give incentives for the mother to keep the baby
 
gerryh
+1
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by earth_as_oneView Post

I am having difficulty seeing why people would oppose a safe anonymous way for unwanted babies to enter the adoption system. The baby boxes are supplementary to other ways mothers can give babies up for adoption.


because abortion is the prefered method of disposing of unwanted baby's.

Quote: Originally Posted by LiberalmanView Post

Government should give incentives for the mother to keep the baby


Why?
 
Liberalman
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

Why?

Because
 
Ron in Regina
+6
#7
Maybe ban the "Baby Boxes" and install "Baby Tubes" like they use in department stores
for money drops? They can do the pilot program in Greece and Germany can pay for it.

Baby Tubes using pnumatic air would get those babies to wherever they're going much
faster.
 
SLM
+1
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in ReginaView Post

Maybe ban the "Baby Boxes" and install "Baby Tubes" like they use in department stores
for money drops? They can do the pilot program in Greece and Germany can pay for it.

Baby Tubes using pnumatic air would get those babies to wherever they're going much
faster.

Oh my God, that made me laugh!!!

 
Ron in Regina
+3
#9
I was picturing the theme song to Futurama playing when you activate the Baby Tube also.
 
L Gilbert
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in ReginaView Post

I was picturing the theme song to Futurama playing when you activate the Baby Tube also.

lmao
 
Ron in Regina
+1
#11
Sorry Gerr, I know this is a serious issue, and I thought I might have had an
idea to satisfy the EU, but it looks like someone might have beat me to it:

 
CDNBear
+1
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in ReginaView Post

Sorry Gerr, I know this is a serious issue, and I thought I might have had an
idea to satisfy the EU, but it looks like someone might have beat me to it:

Brings a whole new meaning to 'delivering a baby'.
 
SLM
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in ReginaView Post

Sorry Gerr, I know this is a serious issue, and I thought I might have had an
idea to satisfy the EU, but it looks like someone might have beat me to it:

Where the heck does the stork go?

 
L Gilbert
+1
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

Where the heck does the stork go?

The receiving end of the tube?
 
Ron in Regina
+1
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

Where the heck does the stork go?

Though I have no personal & first hand Stork experience, I think we'd need
bigger tubes. We might have to come up with a better method:

Star Trek Transporter Verizon commercial - YouTube

 
SLM
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by L GilbertView Post

The receiving end of the tube?

Baby sling in place, perched at the exit point of the tube, that could work.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in ReginaView Post

Though I have no personal & first hand Stork experience, I think we'd need
bigger tubes. We might have to come up with a better method:

Star Trek Transporter Verizon commercial - YouTube

Now you're cooking with gas! lol.
 
damngrumpy
+2
#17
Here is a classic case of we will determine what is going through someones mind or we will
use the law to enforce someone to do something that we believe is natural. Well if we use
the law to enforce a natural feeling it isn't a natural feeling is it? let me explain.
First some are plain and simple against abortion, for one I am not crazy about abortion either
but it is a legal option and most of society has moved on. I think we lose more than we gain
but the law is there. And the reason its there is because we forced women to do something
everyone claimed was natural, in the past.
Remember society of a hundred years ago? Women should be at home having babies that
is natural. Well modern society came along and we found out that is not true, period.
Women should be where they are, determining their own destiny in society taking an equal
part.
Oh I know we will offer money to have mom give up her dream and have children and look
after them, money will be the incentive. Does that sound like its natural?

Then there is the law, we can wield it to force women to have babies and raise them for the
good of the state does that sound natural?

The fact is some women like men like sex, but women can become pregnant men don't so why
is the burden not also applied to men once the child is born? Some women want to have sex
without having or caring for children, and like it or not that is natural in a modern society.
You can't force a parent to be nurturing, oh the necessities of life thing applies but would you
want to be the kid who grew up at the mercy of that parent?
What is natural, reasonable or sane does not enter into reality here, Reality is we are not living
in the days of Charlie ****ens, women have choices, and there are several solutions.
one the parent can have the child and experience the life cycle process and reap its rewards.
two they can simply abort the child and move on, although I don't think for a moment its that easy
for a mother to do.
three they can give them up for adoption and wonder what became of them as many do, I know a
couple of mothers that wonder that.
four they can use the baby boxes and save a child that would stand less of a chance of survival
The entire society should examine its behavior over the last century. If it wasn't for the lifestyle we
live people wouldn't be resorting to choices. People want more toys, and business wants more profit
and we chase each other through the universe, to get more and the reason we so often do this is to
give our children a better life. you know the children who end up in a baby box, or in an abortion
clinic, or ignored at home because every one is too busy working to benefit the child they are ignoring.
Its not just mothers its the whole society that is screwed up
 
gerryh
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in ReginaView Post

Maybe ban the "Baby Boxes" and install "Baby Tubes" like they use in department stores
for money drops? They can do the pilot program in Greece and Germany can pay for it.

Baby Tubes using pnumatic air would get those babies to wherever they're going much
faster.

Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

Oh my God, that made me laugh!!!


I found none of this amusing.



I now wish I hadn't posted the thread.

Just delete it, or move it to the joke forum which is more fitting for every one elses posts.

Quote: Originally Posted by LiberalmanView Post

Because


Don't know why I bothered even asking you to expand on your thoughts or reasons. Once again you reinforce the fact that you are obviously a complete fu cking idiot with no brains or thoughts of your own.
 
Ron in Regina
+1
#19
Really?



If I lit the fuse on your tampon, I apologize. Figured I'd step up first. Next?
 
earth_as_one
+1
#20
Obviously abortion is an important issue for gerryH.

I appreciate humor too, especially when the subject is heavy.

I am glad gerryH raised the topic and I believe I agree with him on this topic. Baby boxes are yet another reasonable, humane choice for a woman when faced with an unwanted pregnancy. Taking away the boxes would limit a woman's possible choices.

I disagree with him regarding abortion for the same reason why I agree with him regarding baby boxes. Taking away safe doctor assisted abortions would also limit choice.

I support the right of everyone to choose... up to the point where that choice affects others.

A huge difference between myself and many who oppose abortion under all conditions is that they believe that a fetus is entitled to full human rights. I believe in a graduated increase in rights starting with what we can do with sperm and egg before conception, up until you get full rights (and responsibilities) as an adult. I support abortion as a reproductive choice under three months. From 3-6 months if the pregnancy is a health issue or the result of a crime. After 6 months the baby has the same rights as a new born. At 5 or 6 years a child can start to be be held responsible for their actions. At 16 they are fully responsible. By 19 they can use recreational drugs and make porn movies.

My point is, even people who oppose abortion, believe in a graduated system of rights and freedoms.
 
gerryh
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by earth_as_oneView Post


I support the right of everyone to choose... up to the point where that choice affects others.


and a womans right to kill her baby ( abortion, for the terminally stupid) doesn't effect anyone...right? Or is it, it doesn't effect anyone that can vote.... or complain.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in ReginaView Post

Really?



If I lit the fuse on your tampon, I apologize. Figured I'd step up first. Next?



whatever Ron.... if making light of an issue that effects the health and welfare of our most innocent and helpless members of society is what floats your boat. You go for it.

and you know what your implied threat means to me.
 
Goober
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by earth_as_oneView Post

Obviously abortion is an important issue for gerryH.

I appreciate humor too, especially when the subject is heavy.

I am glad gerryH raised the topic and I believe I agree with him on this topic. Baby boxes are yet another reasonable, humane choice for a woman when faced with an unwanted pregnancy. Taking away the boxes would limit a woman's possible choices.

I disagree with him regarding abortion for the same reason why I agree with him regarding baby boxes. Taking away safe doctor assisted abortions would also limit choice.

I support the right of everyone to choose... up to the point where that choice affects others.

A huge difference between myself and many who oppose abortion under all conditions is that they believe that a fetus is entitled to full human rights. I believe in a graduated increase in rights starting with what we can do with sperm and egg before conception, up until you get full rights (and responsibilities) as an adult. I support abortion as a reproductive choice under three months. From 3-6 months if the pregnancy is a health issue or the result of a crime. After 6 months the baby has the same rights as a new born. At 5 or 6 years a child can start to be be held responsible for their actions. At 16 they are fully responsible. By 19 they can use recreational drugs and make porn movies.

My point is, even people who oppose abortion, believe in a graduated system of rights and freedoms.

We have no abortion law in Canada-
Late term abortions - over 24 weeks - Legal
Sex selection- Legal
A Doctor may not know the reasons but that they occur is fact.

So are you for no abortion law. Yes- No

If so then read the SCoC decision on the case.
 
taxslave
+1
#23
I'm quite happy with the abortion laws the way they are right now. Helps keep the religious fanatics from imposing their view on other people and no one is forcing them to have abortions.
 
gerryh
+1
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

I'm quite happy with the abortion laws the way they are right now. Helps keep the religious fanatics from imposing their view on other people and no one is forcing them to have abortions.


there are no "abortion laws" in Canada. They were struck down a number of years ago by the SCC and the governments since then have not had the balls to rectify it.
 
taxslave
+1
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

there are no "abortion laws" in Canada. They were struck down a number of years ago by the SCC and the governments since then have not had the balls to rectify it.

Which is why I am perfectly happy with it the way it is. It is nobody's business except the woman involved.
 
Goober
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

Which is why I am perfectly happy with it the way it is. It is nobody's business except the woman involved.

And why we differ on this- late term pregnancies- over 24 weeks- sex selection- aborting a twin.
The problem is that many Canadians are not aware that these - mentioned above- are legal in Canada.
I believe in a womens right to choose but what is happening is beyond disgust in my opinion
 
Cliffy
#27
As I said to a Catholic friend one time, "If you don't like abortions, don't have one. what other people do is none of your business."
A woman's decision to abort encompasses untold variables in her personal life and may cause all sorts of emotional trauma, as well. If you believe that God is the final judge, then a woman's decision is between her and her God. There is no justification for anybody else to interfere. If God really wanted that child to be born, he would have found a way to make it happen, or he is not omnipotent.
 
eh1eh
#28
Religious people don't believe in other people's freedom only their own thoughts and beliefs.
 
gerryh
#29
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

As I said to a Catholic friend one time, "If you don't like abortions, don't have one. what other people do is none of your business."
A woman's decision to abort encompasses untold variables in her personal life and may cause all sorts of emotional trauma, as well. If you believe that God is the final judge, then a woman's decision is between her and her God. There is no justification for anybody else to interfere. If God really wanted that child to be born, he would have found a way to make it happen, or he is not omnipotent.


I'm curious as to why YOU brought God into this. Especially since you've made it perfectly clear you don't believe. Is it a matter of you can't make an argument without bashing God? One trick pony?
 
Cannuck
#30
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

As I said to a Catholic friend one time, "If you don't like abortions, don't have one. what other people do is none of your business."

So if you were living in Nazi Germany and the SS came to take your Jewish neighbor away, you would say "It's none of my business"?
 

Similar Threads

8
Poppy-Burning Extremist Group Banned In UK
by Locutus | Nov 10th, 2011
3
ExpressVu Boxes...
by DaSleeper | Oct 30th, 2010
no new posts