Very Weird Assault on the Streets of London

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Thug knocks out teen girl in unprovoked attack

Left girl motionless on east London, England sidewalk

By QMI Agency

A teenage girl said she had "no idea" what happened after an apparent unprovoked attack left her motionless on a sidewalk in east London.
"The next thing," she knew, she was in an ambulance, according to the UK's Daily Mail.
In shocking footage caught on surveillance tape, a man is seen following the unknowing 16-year-old victim before knocking her unconscious with a single blow to the head, a chilling attack that saw the girl crumble to the pavement in broad daylight.

Teenage girl assaulted in Plaistow - YouTube

In an interview with The Telegraph, the girl, who chose to remain anonymous, said she went home to grab her cellphone when she first noticed the suspect looking at her. When she came out of her house, she saw him again and walked away.
According to London Metropolitan Police, the attack last Tuesday happened just 500 metres from the girl's home, sending her to hospital and kicking off a manhunt for the violent suspect.

The video was released this week in hopes someone will recognize the suspect.
The girl suffered bruising and cuts to her head and face, but was released from hospital the same day.

Thug knocks out teen girl in unprovoked attack - World - Canoe.ca

This is so bizarre.

An interview with the girl

Video: Unprovoked attack in Plaistow: victim speaks out - Telegraph

And apparently they've arrested someone but not much other information.

Video: Man arrested over CCTV footage of unprovoked attack on teenager - Telegraph

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Shall we start a pool? My money's on schizophrenia.

Good call.

I was thinking maybe weird obsessive stalker. Even if she didn't know him (or didn't think she did), seemed like he would know her by the anger that seemed to be expressed.

Either way, mentally ill.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
It sounds like she behaved a bit evasively/oddly due to forgetting her cell phone. That's all it would take (hell, less even if we're being honest), for someone in the grips of a delusional spell.

CanIrish

Nominee Member
Nov 20, 2012
Ireland
what the hell is wrong with people these days.. the girl is only 15 years old.. she needs this in her life??
****'n smuck should be punched in the head a few times himself

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
She looked as if she was wearing a jilbab. maybe this was a racial attack.. against a Muslim lady.. ?? (question)

[youtube]wrV0g6E3-4g[/youtube]

I think it was just her hood.

It could be but I think that if that was a possibility (racially motivated attack) the press would be all over that "angle".

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it. Thank goodness she's going to be okay(at least physically, I imagine she'll have psychological scars for quite some time). It could have been worse. He could have continued his attack when she was unconcious on the sidewalk!8O

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it. Thank goodness she's going to be okay(at least physically, I imagine she'll have psychological scars for quite some time). It could have been worse. He could have continued his attack when she was unconcious on the sidewalk!8O

Yes, while obviously she was unfortunate in other ways she was kind of lucky he didn't take it further.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Very fortunate. People have been stabbed for less it seems.

I know they've arrested someone but I can't seem to find any updated information beyond that. But whatever his delusion was, and it seems pretty clear that this was about him and him alone, it didn't include anything more than knocking her to the ground. Anyone could have taken advantage of her in that state.(Stolen her cell phone, her wallet, etc) I know they have it on CCTV, obviously, but I don't know if there were any other witnesses. Who knows how long she lay on the sidewalk like that?

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
I know they've arrested someone but I can't seem to find any updated information beyond that. But whatever his delusion was, and it seems pretty clear that this was about him and him alone, it didn't include anything more than knocking her to the ground. Anyone could have taken advantage of her in that state.(Stolen her cell phone, her wallet, etc) I know they have it on CCTV, obviously, but I don't know if there were any other witnesses. Who knows how long she lay on the sidewalk like that?

Well, this happened in broad daylight, so there could have been witnesses(they just don't want to say just yet). I saw some cars driving by when the assault occurred, so one of them could have stopped immediately after the video ended. It was just 16 seconds long, after all.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Well, this happened in broad daylight, so there could have been witnesses(they just don't want to say just yet). I saw some cars driving by when the assault occurred, so one of them could have stopped immediately after the video ended. It was just 16 seconds long, after all.

Yeah true. She just looked so helpless there, like a rag doll on the sidewalk. Poor girl.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Yeah true. She just looked so helpless there, like a rag doll on the sidewalk. Poor girl.

I agree. It was very scary! You could tell she was unconscious before hitting the ground since she didn't use her hands to break her fall. If I didn't read the article, and just saw the tail end of the video(after she hit the ground), I would have thought she was dead!8O:-(

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I agree. It was very scary! You could tell she was unconscious before hitting the ground since she didn't use her hands to break her fall. If I didn't read the article, and just saw the tail end of the video(after she hit the ground), I would have thought she was dead!8O:-(

I know. I mean, outside of the "movies" how many of us have really seen someone knocked out cold like that? I know I never have.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
...any new news on this?? Did they catch this animal yet??

SLM mentioned earlier in the thread(about 4 posts up, I think) that they have arrested someone. She couldn't find out any more information, but I'm sure it will come out soon enough.

I know. I mean, outside of the "movies" how many of us have really seen someone knocked out cold like that? I know I never have.

Neither have I.8O