Let's defraud the Salvation Army

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Classy.

Directors fired as $2M in toys, nearly $250K in cash go missing from Salvation Army centres

Mere days into its high-profile Christmas kettle drive and a busy donation season, the Salvation Army is grappling with two separate scandals that have led to senior personnel losing their jobs.

On Tuesday, the Salvation Army in Toronto announced $2-million worth of toys had disappeared from one of its major warehouses over a two-year period. It ordered an internal audit into the “irregularities” at the Railhouse Road warehouse and on Monday fired executive director David Rennie, said Major John Murray, spokesman for the Salvation Army’s Ontario Central East Division.

more

Salvation Army fires directors after cash, $2M in toys go missing | News | National Post

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Classy.

Directors fired as $2M in toys, nearly $250K in cash go missing from Salvation Army centres

Mere days into its high-profile Christmas kettle drive and a busy donation season, the Salvation Army is grappling with two separate scandals that have led to senior personnel losing their jobs.

On Tuesday, the Salvation Army in Toronto announced $2-million worth of toys had disappeared from one of its major warehouses over a two-year period. It ordered an internal audit into the “irregularities” at the Railhouse Road warehouse and on Monday fired executive director David Rennie, said Major John Murray, spokesman for the Salvation Army’s Ontario Central East Division.

more

Salvation Army fires directors after cash, $2M in toys go missing | News | National Post

Not surprising really.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
:-( Guess maybe their accounting oversight and inventory control leaves a tad to be desired.

There are slimy, crooked, poor excuses for human beings in about every organization.

SallyAnn has been and will be our main charity. They will clean house and carry on.

Too bad it's right before the Christmas season in a way. On the other hand the (alleged) thieves won't have any more opportunity this year. at least not at the Sally Ann.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Sally Anne is one of those organizations that does what it says it will do.
My dad told me that during the war, Sally Anne was always there to help.
Good enough for me, I am not all that religious but they can count on me
to help out a bit here

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007

Well, sort of. The toys have been recovered(which is excellent news!), but since they will be used as evidence, they probably won't be available until after Christmas. So, while they won't be able to give them out this Christmas, at least they will be able to use them sometime in the future. So, some good news anyhow.:)

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Well, sort of. The toys have been recovered(which is excellent news!), but since they will be used as evidence, they probably won't be available until after Christmas. So, while they won't be able to give them out this Christmas, at least they will be able to use them sometime in the future. So, some good news anyhow.:)

Bah humbug!

Stupid thieves stealing toys for Christmas.:(

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Bah humbug!

Stupid thieves stealing toys for Christmas.:(

I agree! However, at least we can take solace in the fact that the thieves were discovered, the toys were recovered, and the kids will get their toys(just at a later date). Also, there are a lot of new donations being given because of this, so needy children will still receive some goodies.:)

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I agree! However, at least we can take solace in the fact that the thieves were discovered, the toys were recovered, and the kids will get their toys(just at a later date).

I know, I just wanted a happy movie ending. Instead we get, bureaucracy and evidentiary proceedure. Kind of a mood killer. LOL.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
I know, I just wanted a happy movie ending. Instead we get, bureaucracy and evidentiary proceedure. Kind of a mood killer. LOL.

But the kids are still going to get their Christmas toys and clothes! There are a LOT of donations pouring in because of this.:)

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Sally Anne is one of those organizations that does what it says it will do.
My dad told me that during the war, Sally Anne was always there to help.
Good enough for me, I am not all that religious but they can count on me
to help out a bit here

Really the only religious denomination I have much use for! They perform the most good.............helping their fellow man!