Let's defraud the Salvation Army


Locutus
+1
#1
Classy.


Directors fired as $2M in toys, nearly $250K in cash go missing from Salvation Army centres

Mere days into its high-profile Christmas kettle drive and a busy donation season, the Salvation Army is grappling with two separate scandals that have led to senior personnel losing their jobs.

On Tuesday, the Salvation Army in Toronto announced $2-million worth of toys had disappeared from one of its major warehouses over a two-year period. It ordered an internal audit into the “irregularities” at the Railhouse Road warehouse and on Monday fired executive director David Rennie, said Major John Murray, spokesman for the Salvation Army’s Ontario Central East Division.


more


Salvation Army fires directors after cash, $2M in toys go missing | News | National Post
 
JLM
#2
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

Classy.


Directors fired as $2M in toys, nearly $250K in cash go missing from Salvation Army centres

Mere days into its high-profile Christmas kettle drive and a busy donation season, the Salvation Army is grappling with two separate scandals that have led to senior personnel losing their jobs.

On Tuesday, the Salvation Army in Toronto announced $2-million worth of toys had disappeared from one of its major warehouses over a two-year period. It ordered an internal audit into the “irregularities” at the Railhouse Road warehouse and on Monday fired executive director David Rennie, said Major John Murray, spokesman for the Salvation Army’s Ontario Central East Division.


more


Salvation Army fires directors after cash, $2M in toys go missing | News | National Post

Not surprising really.
 
Nuggler
+2
#3
Guess maybe their accounting oversight and inventory control leaves a tad to be desired.

There are slimy, crooked, poor excuses for human beings in about every organization.

SallyAnn has been and will be our main charity. They will clean house and carry on.

Too bad it's right before the Christmas season in a way. On the other hand the (alleged) thieves won't have any more opportunity this year. at least not at the Sally Ann.
 
lone wolf
+1
#4
Dave?... Dave's not here....

Go rob a heartless bank
 
IdRatherBeSkiing
#5
What would they do with all those toys?
 
JLM
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiingView Post

What would they do with all those toys?

Play with them of course-
 
CDNBear
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiingView Post

What would they do with all those toys?

Flea markets.
 
Locutus
#8
Salvation Army thefts: Charity has been ‘inundated’ with offers of help

Salvation Army thefts: Charity has been
 
shadowshiv
+4
#9  Top Rated Post
Scum is too nice of a word to describe what these individuals are.
 
taxslave
#10
A fine bunch of christians. Can't get much lower than stealing from a charity that main reason to exist is to help the poor.
 
damngrumpy
+1
#11
Sally Anne is one of those organizations that does what it says it will do.
My dad told me that during the war, Sally Anne was always there to help.
Good enough for me, I am not all that religious but they can count on me
to help out a bit here
 
SLM
+2
#12
Stolen Salvation Army toys recovered - Crime - Canoe.ca (external - login to view)

Yahoo!!! Christmas is back on!
 
shadowshiv
+1
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

Stolen Salvation Army toys recovered - Crime - Canoe.ca (external - login to view)

Yahoo!!! Christmas is back on!

Well, sort of. The toys have been recovered(which is excellent news!), but since they will be used as evidence, they probably won't be available until after Christmas. So, while they won't be able to give them out this Christmas, at least they will be able to use them sometime in the future. So, some good news anyhow.
 
SLM
+1
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by shadowshivView Post

Well, sort of. The toys have been recovered(which is excellent news!), but since they will be used as evidence, they probably won't be available until after Christmas. So, while they won't be able to give them out this Christmas, at least they will be able to use them sometime in the future. So, some good news anyhow.

Bah humbug!

Stupid thieves stealing toys for Christmas.
 
shadowshiv
+1
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

Bah humbug!

Stupid thieves stealing toys for Christmas.

I agree! However, at least we can take solace in the fact that the thieves were discovered, the toys were recovered, and the kids will get their toys(just at a later date). Also, there are a lot of new donations being given because of this, so needy children will still receive some goodies.
 
SLM
+1
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by shadowshivView Post

I agree! However, at least we can take solace in the fact that the thieves were discovered, the toys were recovered, and the kids will get their toys(just at a later date).

I know, I just wanted a happy movie ending. Instead we get, bureaucracy and evidentiary proceedure. Kind of a mood killer. LOL.
 
shadowshiv
+1
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

I know, I just wanted a happy movie ending. Instead we get, bureaucracy and evidentiary proceedure. Kind of a mood killer. LOL.

But the kids are still going to get their Christmas toys and clothes! There are a LOT of donations pouring in because of this.
 
SLM
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by shadowshivView Post

But the kids are still going to get their Christmas toys and clothes! There are a LOT of donations pouring in because of this.

Okay, okay I give. I am once again overjoyed.
 
JLM
+1
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpyView Post

Sally Anne is one of those organizations that does what it says it will do.
My dad told me that during the war, Sally Anne was always there to help.
Good enough for me, I am not all that religious but they can count on me
to help out a bit here

Really the only religious denomination I have much use for! They perform the most good.............helping their fellow man!
 
SLM
+2
#20
And yet more of the stolen toys have been found. Yaa!!!

Police recover more missing Salvation Army goods - Crime - Canoe.ca (external - login to view)

I like 'good' updates on older stories/threads.
 
JLM
+1
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

And yet more of the stolen toys have been found. Yaa!!!

Police recover more missing Salvation Army goods - Crime - Canoe.ca (external - login to view)

I like 'good' updates on older stories/threads.

You bet, it's one of the few charities I trust. Variety for kids is another!
 
tay
#22
Salvation Army executive director David Rennie is one of two people charged with theft, conspiracy and trafficking in stolen goods.

Salvation Army theft: Police make second arrest, no others sought in investigation - thestar.com





More donated toys that went missing from a Salvation Army warehouse have been located at two locations, Toronto police said Friday
.
On Thursday, police seized 122 storage bins of toys – valued at $24,000 – from businesses on Orfus Rd. and Lawrence Ave. E.

Last week, the Salvation Army publicly announced a $2 million toy theft from its toy and food distribution warehouse in North York.

Police have been investigating since Nov. 6.

Det.-Sgt Jim Gotell said police believe Northern Sales Group, a company they allege is linked to the theft, may have sold the toys to the business.

“There is a sales link that way,” he said.

This week police, arrested David Rennie, 51, and Umaish Ramrattan, 61. Both have been charged with theft over $5,000, possession of property obtained by crime and trafficking in stolen goods.


Salvation Army theft: Police find $24,000 worth of toys at Toronto business - thestar.com
 
L Gilbert
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

Classy.


Directors fired as $2M in toys, nearly $250K in cash go missing from Salvation Army centres

Mere days into its high-profile Christmas kettle drive and a busy donation season, the Salvation Army is grappling with two separate scandals that have led to senior personnel losing their jobs.

On Tuesday, the Salvation Army in Toronto announced $2-million worth of toys had disappeared from one of its major warehouses over a two-year period. It ordered an internal audit into the “irregularities” at the Railhouse Road warehouse and on Monday fired executive director David Rennie, said Major John Murray, spokesman for the Salvation Army’s Ontario Central East Division.


more


Salvation Army fires directors after cash, $2M in toys go missing | News | National Post

Good! Weed out the chaff and make the Sally Ann an honorable institution.
If that had been done to the human race a long time ago, we'd have a lot smaller population. That does not mean we should cancel humanity.
 

Similar Threads

2
Iceland Looks to Chinese Teat for Salvation
by bill barilko | Jun 9th, 2012
82
Jesus:the rock of our salvation
by herald | Jul 25th, 2011
8
Salvation or Slavery?
by Cliffy | Jan 3rd, 2011
28
Are you unsure about your salvation?
by Onebody | Oct 30th, 2006
no new posts