Terrorist blows up bus in central Tel Aviv; 10 injured

Locutus
A terrorist blew up a bus on Shaul Hamelech Street in Tel Aviv around noon Wednesday.

Magen David Adom said that at least 10 people were injured, three moderately to seriously.

Police confirmed that the explosion was a terrorist attack, although Channel 2 reported that it was not a suicide bombing and thus police were searching the area for additional explosive devises.

Channel 2 reported that police arrested a suspect near the Ramat Gan diamond exchange, who they believe may be carrying an explosive device. Police believe a female terrorist may still be at large in the area, armed with explosives.

more

Terrorist blows up bus in central Tel Av... JPost - National News (external - login to view)

petros
in·sur·gent (n-sūrjnt)
adj. 1. Rising in revolt against established authority, especially a government.
2. Rebelling against the leadership of a political party.

n. One who is insurgent.

Locutus
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

in·sur·gent (n-sūrjnt)
adj. 1. Rising in revolt against established authority, especially a government.

n. One who is insurgent.

coun·ter·in·sur·gen·cy (kountr-n-sūrjn-s)n. Political and military strategy or action intended to oppose and forcefully suppress insurgency.

counter·in·surgent n.

IDF Pinpoint Strike on Hamas Operational Communications Infrastructure - YouTube

taxslave
+2 / -1
Since it is early I expect that when I get home from work tonight EAO will have a perfectly valid explanation as to why this is all Israel's fault.

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

coun·ter·in·sur·gen·cy (kountr-n-sūrjn-s)n. Political and military strategy or action intended to oppose and forcefully suppress insurgency.

counter·in·surgent n.

Good, at least two people know the difference between insurgency and terrorism.

taxslave
+1
Planting a bomb on a loaded bus qualifies as terrorism. WE all know the difference.

petros
Uhhhh no. Not during a time of war.

taxslave
Guess I missed the memo that there was a war going on.

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

Guess I missed the memo that there was a war going on.

It's tiny but it's still a war. Same **** goes on in Baghdad but they don't call insurgents terrorists when the news is talking of them.

insurgents iraq - Google Search (external - login to view)

karrie
+2

in·sur·gent (n-sūrjnt)

n. One who is insurgent.

Insurgency implies strikes against a government (government buildings, strategic army sites, etc). Terrorism, strikes against the citizens of the government. Bombing a city bus is terrorism, even if you're an insurgent attempting to rise up against the government.

World English Dictionary
terrorist (ˈtɛrərɪst) — n
a. a person who employs terror or terrorism, esp as a political weapon b. ( as modifier ): terrorist tactics terror'istic — adj

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by karrieView Post

Insurgency implies strikes against a government (government buildings, strategic army sites, etc). Terrorism, strikes against the citizens of the government. Bombing a city bus is terrorism, even if you're an insurgent attempting to rise up against the government.

World English Dictionary
terrorist (ˈtɛrərɪst) — n
a. a person who employs terror or terrorism, esp as a political weapon b. ( as modifier ): terrorist tactics terror'istic — adj

Sorry, not in this case.

Follow the link posted.

There are two things in this world to never trust. Media and Governments.

karrie

Sorry, not in this case.

Follow the link posted.

There are two things in this world to never trust. Media and Governments.

The one where they bombed a politician and there were civilian casualties?

All through that, it's strategic police, military, and political attacks, not just bombs on buses.

petros

The one where they bombed a politician and there were civilian casualties?

All through that, it's strategic police, military, and political attacks, not just bombs on buses.

You didn't follow the link where you find stuff like:

BAGHDAD: At least seven Shia pilgrims from Iran and Pakistan were killed in Iraq on Saturday when a car bomb went off by a restaurant in a city north of the capital, police and hospital sources said.

The attack took place a few days into the holy month of Ashura, which is of special significance to Shia, who are targeted by al Qaeda's Iraqi affiliate and other Sunni insurgents.
?

karrie
+1
Okay I see what you're saying. That doesn't make that not terrorism though, just because they've classified them as a cohesive insurgency.

IdRatherBeSkiing

You didn't follow the link where you find stuff like:

BAGHDAD: At least seven Shia pilgrims from Iran and Pakistan were killed in Iraq on Saturday when a car bomb went off by a restaurant in a city north of the capital, police and hospital sources said.

The attack took place a few days into the holy month of Ashura, which is of special significance to Shia, who are targeted by al Qaeda's Iraqi affiliate and other Sunni insurgents.
?

The issue is with that report calling them insurgents rather than this report calling them terrorists. This report is correct. The other is incorrect.

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

Since it is early I expect that when I get home from work tonight EAO will have a perfectly valid explanation as to why this is all Israel's fault.

While you are waiting perhaps you can find out how the bus incident is bad for a cease-fire agreement but the actions below are not.

(in part)
The Tel Aviv bombing came after a night of more than 30 Israeli airstrikes over Gaza that hit government ministries, smuggling tunnels, a banker's empty villa and a Hamas-linked media office.

Israel launched the offensive Nov. 14 following months of rocket salvoes from Gaza. It has battered the territory with more than 1,500 airstrikes. The militants hit back with more than 1,400 rocket attacks. The Israeli death toll has been relatively low because of a U.S.-funded rocket defense system that has shot down hundreds of Gaza projectiles.
27 injured in Tel Aviv bus bombing as Hillary Clinton works on truce | OregonLive.com (external - login to view)

What goes up must come down, what is the miss ratio?

lone wolf
Are terrorists losing dedication? Martyr bombs walk on....

darkbeaver
Who benefits? Pawns are expendable toward ends. False flags conducted on ones own domestic pawns is very efficient use of those same pawns. Why wait for the enemy do your own exercise precision pin point acts of terrorism. Very cost effective very common. 9/11 stands as one of the best examples. Who ultimately benefits. Something has to be done to silence the criticism of Israel, which is global and threatens to become the prime mover.

Quote: Originally Posted by MHzView Post

While you are waiting perhaps you can find out how the bus incident is bad for a cease-fire agreement but the actions below are not.

(in part)
The Tel Aviv bombing came after a night of more than 30 Israeli airstrikes over Gaza that hit government ministries, smuggling tunnels, a banker's empty villa and a Hamas-linked media office.

Israel launched the offensive Nov. 14 following months of rocket salvoes from Gaza. It has battered the territory with more than 1,500 airstrikes. The militants hit back with more than 1,400 rocket attacks. The Israeli death toll has been relatively low because of a U.S.-funded rocket defense system that has shot down hundreds of Gaza projectiles.
27 injured in Tel Aviv bus bombing as Hillary Clinton works on truce | OregonLive.com (external - login to view)

What goes up must come down, what is the miss ratio?

Yes, Israels genocide of the Palestinians just got some sympathy this will permit continuation with apparent justification to ultimately satisfy the terms necessary to reach the goal.

DaSleeper
+2

Okay I see what you're saying. That doesn't make that not terrorism though, just because they've classified them as a cohesive insurgency.

It all depends on what the meaning of the word "is" is.....

Oops... I'm 14 years off........but the same dance on the meaning of a word when everybody knows what is meant...
And I thought only EAO and Cannuck liked to dance around wording...have to add Petros

Just the Facts
+3
#20  Top Rated Post

You do? You're a lot smarter than me Terrorism employed by insurgents is still terrorism. In fact, I think you'd be hard pressed to find instances of terrorism employed by other than insurgents. It's kind of an insurgent thing to do.

Anyway, I don't need links to prove that blowing up civilian buses intentionally is terrorism.

gore0bsessed
Terrorist aka Freedom fighter, same thing.

In Between Man
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by gore0bsessedView Post

Terrorist aka Freedom fighter, same thing.

Not surprised a comment like that would come from you. Yet we all know that the Israelis you also label as "terrorists" would never be praised with a "freedom fighter" title like you gave to the Jihadists.

Your Jew-hatred is showing again.

CDNBear
+3
Nothing says we want peace like blowing up a bus.

Way to go Hamas.

The genocidal apologists will love this, some Jews died.