Elmo Puppeteer Kevin Clash Resigns

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
New Suit Adds Second Allegation of Underage Sex

Sesame Workshop announced on Tuesday that Kevin Clash, the long-time puppeteer of Elmo, has resigned. In its statement Tuesday, Sesame Workshop said "the controversy surrounding Kevin's personal life has become a distraction that none of us want," leading Clash to conclude "that he can no longer be effective in his job."

As the announcement was made, AP's Frazier Moore reported “a lawsuit was being filed in federal court in New York charging Clash with sexual abuse of a second youth. The lawsuit alleges that Cecil Singleton, then 15 and now an adult, was persuaded by Clash to meet for sexual encounters. The lawsuit seeks damages in excess of $5 million.”

more

BREAKING: Elmo Puppeteer Kevin Clash Resigns from 'Sesame Street': New Suit Adds Second Allegation of Underage Sex | NewsBusters.org

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Nothing proven yet but it is time for Clash to go for the good of the program
At least he has decided to step aside for the good of the program and take
responsibility for his actions.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
I never did like Elmo... one of the few Sesame Street characters I hate(d) from the start.

Annoying high pitch voice.... always talking in the 3rd person. There's a role model for kids.... talk like you're the Rock.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Oscar was cool. Grouch on the outside but inside, heart of gold.

Snufaluffa-whatever, how in the hell did no one ever see him?!?

Ernie, while cheesy and corny, had a certain charm.

Bert though, different story. If ever there was muppet with stick up his butt, it would be Bert.

Actually Bert & Ernie always reminded me, when I was a child, of The Odd Couple. lol

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Off-limits: Personal attacks, cursing, anything 18+, adult-themed comments. Follow the forum rules.
This is a place for everyone. Ignoring these guidelines will result in a lengthy ban.

Last edited by a moderator:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Oscar was cool. Grouch on the outside but inside, heart of gold.

So true... I remember seeing him and thinking how mean he is. Then one time he had a couple of real little kids next to his can

"Hey kids... what are you guys doing" in a not so grouchy voice. He was just short with adults and other muppets.

Snufaluffa-whatever, how in the hell did no one ever see him?!?

Big Bird did!

Ernie, while cheesy and corny, had a certain charm.

He reminded me of my buddy Gary growing up.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
So true... I remember seeing him and thinking how mean he is. Then one time he had a couple of real little kids next to his can

"Hey kids... what are you guys doing" in a not so grouchy voice. He was just short with adults and other muppets.

Yep, back in the Sesame Street heyday! When Kermit the Frog was but a mild mannered reporter, before the pig got a hold of him.

Big Bird did!

Who's going to trust the psychotic ramblings of a 6 foot yellow bird??8O

He reminded me of my buddy Gary growing up.

He never reminded me of Gary. But that could be because I don't know Gary. :)

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
It really didn't occur to me that I was breaking any rules. It was just a knee jerk reaction to the topic.

Last time that happened (with the same topic thread), a member was banned temporarily and the entire friggin' thread was deleted. All because members take it too far. Maybe it's the particular subject matter, I don't know. But when a wave of that crap begins, others pile on and away we go. Andem is through playing games though. Just a fair FYI to all.