Fallen acorns a threat to kids with allergies

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
As usual, I'm not a bandwagon jumper. My first question would be, have there been incidents of bullying with acorns?

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
So basically let's get rid of everything, because a bully will use anything they can get their grubby little hands on to bully someone. Getting rid of oak trees? Show some common sense lady! We've already lost the Ash trees because of a stupid insect, and now she wants to cut down another species of tree?

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Bubble wrap people! Protection against almost everything if you use enough of it.

It's the investment choice for the future!!!

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
So basically let's get rid of everything, because a bully will use anything they can get their grubby little hands on to bully someone. Getting rid of oak trees? Show some common sense lady! We've already lost the Ash trees because of a stupid insect, and now she wants to cut down another species of tree?

What is this lady going to do when some bully throws a rock at snookums?... Ban all geologic formations that may produce rocks?

This individual defies all levels of stupidity

Bubble wrap people! Protection against almost everything if you use enough of it.

It's the investment choice for the future!!!

Get with the times SLM.... Bubble wrap is sooo yesterday.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
This individual defies all levels of stupidity

Probably not the success story her parents hoped she'd become.

But, then again, they knew her so maybe they had more realistic expectations.

Get with the times SLM.... Bubble wrap is sooo yesterday.

Pffft!!!! Fancy-schmancy air filled plastic in 'fashion colours'. Nothing more.

Just bubble wrap for the private school crowd. ;)

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister

The other side of this coin is that the fledgling oaks-to-be have been mercilessly abused.

Where's Suzuki when you really need him.

Well there was this squirrel..

How many poor wee, acorns are to be kidnapped and slain until someone takes action? Why are none of the pictures of these poor acorn-victims on milk cartons?

For once, won't someone please think of the children!

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
When I was a student, my school wasn't nut free. Everybody ate peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and I don't remember anyone going to the hospital for an allergy. I'm not saying nut allergies aren't a real thing, but what happened between now and when I was in school? Why are more children deathly allergic to nuts these days?

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
When I was a student, my school wasn't nut free. Everybody ate peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and I don't remember anyone going to the hospital for an allergy. I'm not saying nut allergies aren't a real thing, but what happened between now and when I was in school? Why are more children deathly allergic to nuts these days?

It's the pseudo food.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss

kids are kept too clean, which leads to under developed immune systems that don't know how to react appropriately to stressors. There is also more asthma, more arthritis, and more overall allergies and sensitivities in the upcoming generation.