Israel launches Gaza offensive, kills Hamas commander

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
(Reuters) - Israel launched a major offensive against Palestinian militants in Gaza on Wednesday, killing the military commander of Hamas in an air strike and threatening an invasion of the enclave that the Islamist group vowed would "open the gates of hell".

The onslaught shattered hopes that a truce mediated on Tuesday by Egypt could pull the two sides back from the brink of war after five days of escalating Palestinian rocket attacks and Israeli strikes at militant targets.

Operation "Pillar of Defense" began with a surgical strike on a car carrying the commander of the military wing of Hamas, the Islamist movement which controls Gaza and dominates a score of smaller armed groups.

Within minutes of the death of Ahmed Al-Jaabari, big explosions were rocking Gaza, as the Israeli air force struck at selected targets just before sundown, blasting plumes of smoke and debris high above the crowded city.

more

Qapla'

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Hey DB....

KAABOOOM!

[FONT=ARIAL,VERDANA,HELVETICA][SIZE=+7]
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
War is for those who lack in other areas.....

I think the world health organization could end wars by handing out free **** implants.

Ooops! Didn't realize that word was verboten. Is ***** OK?
I guess not.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
And the fact that the Arabs could have had their own state with the Peel Commission in 1937, and again in 1947 with the UN Partition Plan?

The offer they gave was a joke, but thanks for reminding us, what a joke that offer was.. any sane person would have refused it. both times.

Last edited:

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
And the fact that the Arabs could have had their own state with the Peel Commission in 1937, and again in 1947 with the UN Partition Plan?

The past can only condemn Israel. Israel should look to its future if it has one. I don't think it does and neither do the bankers and the crimes who wish to hide in its ashes. In between man and what?

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W