Ralph Klein finally gets Order of Canada

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
It was way past due, but at least he finally got it.
It was good that the GG made the effort to come out to Calgary to present it to his wife.

I guess this is just another example of how easterners don't like to recognize westerners for their efforts in contributing to Canada.
It would have been nice if Klein would have received the Order shortly after his completed his contributions rather than getting it when he can no longer appreciate it.
I'm not aware of anyone else who was mistreated this poorly by the eastern establishment!! Shame!!

Former Alberta premier Ralph Klein bestowed Order of Canada

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
It was way past due, but at least he finally got it.
It was good that the GG made the effort to come out to Calgary to present it to his wife.

I guess this is just another example of how easterners don't like to recognize westerners for their efforts in contributing to Canada.
It would have been nice if Klein would have received the Order shortly after his completed his contributions rather than getting it when he can no longer appreciate it.
I'm not aware of anyone else who was mistreated this poorly by the eastern establishment!! Shame!!

Former Alberta premier Ralph Klein bestowed Order of Canada

Good for Ralph, hope he's well enough to enjoy it.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

True Grit!! Way to go Ralph Klein!!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
No, because they gave the Order of Canada to Morgentaler.

I certainly don't agree with that decision, but that's just based on my own opinion of the situation, others strongly disagree and this a free country where we are allowed freedom of opinion. (As distasteful as it is to me I can partly reconcile it by the possibility that Morgantaler did save lives) But most important abortion issues shouldn't affect the Order of Canada one way or the other. Maybe some people don't deserve to win jackpots, but do we ban lotteries? -:)

P.S. they gave it to Conrad Black too.