Italian scientists get six years in prison over 2009 deadly quake

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
I can't figure this one out. The country is rife with mafia dons and corrupt politicians, but it puts scientists in prison for failing to do what no one else has been able to do? Italy is a wonderful country, but its legal system seems devoid of logic.

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
Totally bogus justice!

This spells the end of 'science' in Italy. maybe the EU.

Why on Earth would any 'scientist' now go there to study anything?

At the same time it underscores the bogus nature of their own field of science in that they had absolutely NO CLUE as to what was about to unfold.

mm-hmm, so much for placing more faith in 'science' than in God.

Last edited:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Why do geologists seem to be the ones who do jail time? If a Dr ****s up and kills somebody it's a great big "oh well". If climatologists use subterfuge and lies to perpetuate a scam....it's all good too.

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
No Doug, because if they had said a major earthquake was imminent and "run for your lives" and the quake never happens, then they'd've been charged with the deaths of all those trampled in the ensuing stampede.

Science needs a good samaratan clause. lol

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Wasn't it a majority of the 6.5 billion citizens of the planet that wanted a trial for Bush as a war criminal?

1. it was some Italian judge from what I recall, or maybe Portuguese.

2. I agreed with Bush and voted for him twice. He did right going into Iraq..he had the balls to go it alone and tell the rest of the world to screw themselves, "either you're with us or the terrorists."

[youtube]sDkhzHQO7jY[/youtube]

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
1. it was some Italian judge from what I recall, or maybe Portuguese.

2. I agreed with Bush and voted for him twice. He did right going into Iraq..he had the balls to go it alone and tell the rest of the world to screw themselves, "either you're with us or the terrorists."

Bush was a terrorist! He had no valid reasons for going into Iraq other than empirical capitalism & revenge for his dad. The totalitarian statement you quote is too funny, nothing more than bully tactics that obviously did not work on most of the west. Anyone with half a brain can see such statements for what they are, BS. I don't support terrorism and I don't support the illegal invasion of a sovereign nation either.