NDP MP Romeo Saganash got kicked off plane, too drunk to fly

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
OTTAWA -- Quebec NDP MP Romeo Saganash has requested a leave of absence to deal with a "dependence on alcohol" after the former leadership candidate was kicked off a plane due to intoxication.

"I need help to overcome a medical problem, a dependence on alcohol, like far too many other Canadians," Saganash said in a statement on Monday. "I have asked my leader to give me leave so I can take the necessary time to treat this illness."

Saganash's request comes after the Cree MP was booted off an Air Canada Jazz flight on Friday due to drunkenness. He says his "behaviour caused an unfortunate incident that delayed an Air Canada flight between Montreal and Val-d'Or."

"I want to apologize to the other passengers and staff for what happened and for any inconvenience I caused them," he said. "I would also like to offer my sincere apologies to Air Canada and the Aéroports de Montréal."

Sun News : NDP MP Romeo Saganash got kicked off plane, too drunk to fly

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Sun News- why is that he is Cree newsworthy.
I know from seeing alcoholism up close and personal that he has a long road to travel. I wish him, his family and friends well. As they are the ones that he will get support from.