Canadian can be extradited to U.S. to face terror charge

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
EDMONTON—An Edmonton judge has ruled there is enough evidence to extradite a Canadian citizen to the United States to face charges of conspiracy to kill Americans.

Sayfildin Tahir Sharif is also accused of supporting a terror group that took part in a 2009 suicide bombing in his native Iraq that killed five U.S. soldiers.

The judge has yet to rule on the evidence related to the second charge.

The Crown says intercepted phone and Internet conversations show Sharif helped jihadists contact members of a terror network as they made their way from Tunisia to Iraq to make the attack.

The judge says the recorded phone calls and emails went far beyond religious enthusiasm.

Sharif, who is 40, became a Canadian citizen after arriving in this country in 1993 and was arrested at an Edmonton apartment 19 months ago.

Canadian can be extradited to U.S. to face terror charge, judge rules - thestar.com

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
EDMONTON—An Edmonton judge has ruled there is enough evidence to extradite a Canadian citizen to the United States to face charges of conspiracy to kill Americans.

Sayfildin Tahir Sharif is also accused of supporting a terror group that took part in a 2009 suicide bombing in his native Iraq that killed five U.S. soldiers.

The judge has yet to rule on the evidence related to the second charge.

The Crown says intercepted phone and Internet conversations show Sharif helped jihadists contact members of a terror network as they made their way from Tunisia to Iraq to make the attack.

The judge says the recorded phone calls and emails went far beyond religious enthusiasm.

Sharif, who is 40, became a Canadian citizen after arriving in this country in 1993 and was arrested at an Edmonton apartment 19 months ago.

Canadian can be extradited to U.S. to face terror charge, judge rules - thestar.com

Exactly the way it should be.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Looks pretty clear to me, we have to start acting and not just talking.
The other thing that bothers me is, how did he get in here? Did
anyone look into the kind of person he was and let him into our midst?
I think it should be incumbent on people to prove they are worthy of
being Canadians, and that means we should not have to prove they are
whack jobs they should prove they are not.
Still the only clear way to prevent immigrants from the Middle East for
at least a decade, or until this religious fervor has passed.

Niflmir

A modern nomad
Dec 18, 2006
Leiden, the Netherlands
Was the conspiracy to murder committed in Canada? Then he should be tried here.

Was it committed in the US? Then why is this news?

A person should never be extradited to a country for an act not committed there. I don't know if that is what this is, but if it is not then this isn't really news.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Exactly the way it should be.

Im alright with it if it works both ways. Americans are really reluctant to extradite their own citizens to anyone. It should be both ways or not at all. If there's evidence we can always try them.

A person should never be extradited to a country for an act not committed there.

There's that issue too.

No appeals.

Appeals exist for a reason. Get rid of all of them and you guarantee innocent people will get screwed over. Not just with extraditions, but with prison sentences, trials and in the US - executions.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Sayfildin Tahir Sharif AKA ??

You ever wonder if anyone like this, or maybe Sayfildin Tahir Sharif posted here, or posts here??

I mean, we come here and people have their opinions.. some a little radical towards Jews and the Western society we so much enjoy.

I'm not saying names.. but you have to wonder in the back of your head sometimes.. members you meet here, people you meet on the street, at work, wherever, could be a terrorist sympathizer here in Canada.

I mean this guy looks pretty normal.. wouldn't think twice if I walked into a store, restaurant or business and was served by this guy here in Alberta.

Sorta makes you wonder what our government is letting into this country..

BTW, good riddance to this Muslim Terrorist nut bar and hope that Canada can strip him of his Canadian citizenship as well.

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
Sorta makes you wonder what our government is letting into this country..

We shouldn't be allowing any Muslims into Canada. They should be excluded based on the overwhelming proof that their religion is hate-filled, violent and incompatible with western values. Not all cultures are equal, and anyone who thinks so is living on another planet.

Sign the petition to stop Muslim immigration to Canada

Last edited:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
I hear you, but I think it's probably only the worst 1% of Muslims that come to our attention. There is also many "Christians" who are real bastards!

Christians don't hijack commercial airplanes and fly them into buildings to attempt to kill as many innocent civilians as possible.

Further, don't the "moderate" Muslims have a responsibility to purge these a ssholes from their ranks? So far, they're not doing a very good job.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
We shouldn't be allowing any Muslims into Canada. They should be excluded based on the overwhelming proof that their religion is hate-filled, violent and incompatible with western values. Not all cultures are equal, and anyone who thinks so is living on another planet.

Good luck getting that through seeing as there are already quite a few here. They'd never let it pass. Plus many of them vote Conservative.

Christians don't hijack commercial airplanes and fly them into buildings to attempt to kill as many innocent civilians as possible.

Timothy McVeigh and Breivik were Christians. You can say they're not "real christians" but thats how they identify. Just as many Muslims say the terrorists and suicide bombers are not "real muslims."

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Wasn't it a "Christian" who tried to blow up Poland, Czechoslavakia, France, England and several other countries?

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

Further, don't the "moderate" Muslims have a responsibility to purge these a ssholes from their ranks? So far, they're not doing a very good job.

They sure killed a huge number of Muslims in the Balkans.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Was the conspiracy to murder committed in Canada? Then he should be tried here.

Was it committed in the US? Then why is this news?

A person should never be extradited to a country for an act not committed there. I don't know if that is what this is, but if it is not then this isn't really news.

Marc Emery got shipped off to the US for non crimes not committed in the US.

But they have been known to blow up buildings for no good reason.They have also been known to murder people based on skin color in the US.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

Sign the petition to stop Muslim immigration to Canada

In your opinion considering there are over 1 Billion Muslims - How many - percentage are what you refer to as good Muslims- Those that are Secular in their outlook

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
Good luck getting that through seeing as there are already quite a few here. They'd never let it pass. Plus many of them vote Conservative.

What do you mean "they'd never let it pass"? Who made 2 percent of the population in charge?

Timothy McVeigh and Breivik were Christians. You can say they're not "real christians" but thats how they identify. Just as many Muslims say the terrorists and suicide bombers are not "real muslims."

Just saying "I'm a Christian" doesn't make you a Christian, just like "I'm an atheist" proves nothing. What counts is what you believe, not hollow words.

McVeigh also identified as "agnostic". (source) So which is it? Was he a Christian or agnostic? See the problem?

Breivik identified himself as a "cultural Christian" not someone who has be born-again (spiritual rebirth) through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, and "Darwinian". (His manifesto takes to long to load on my work PC, but I'm pretty sure it's page 1304 or 1305 of his manifesto where he states this)

He also states in his manifesto that he has doubts about God's existence, does not pray, and that Nordic Pagan culture has just as much primacy as Europe's "Christian culture".

Doesn't sound like a Christian to this cat.

But, let the chips fall where they may. Some people who have committed horrible acts are now Christians, only because they REPENTED and BELIEVED in Jesus Christ, not because they say "I'm a Christian".

Son of Whom? - YouTube

Wasn't it a "Christian" who tried to blow up Poland, Czechoslavakia, France, England and several other countries?

Don't even go there. Hitler's heavy involvement in the occult is very well documented. Further, under Hitler's regime Christians DIED who refused to go along with his BS when he tried to rewrite the bible to jive with his "superior race" nonsense. (source)

Why would a "Christian" persecute Christians? Doesn't jive.