"He's touching me!"

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Flying in the cheap seats is fun.

Two men kicked off WestJet flight

Two men had to be hauled off a WestJet flight in Calgary after an argument about elbow room.

Calgary police say officers were called around 9:30 a.m. Wednesday.

The men, one in his 20's, the other in his 50's, became very confrontational with each other, yelling and making threatening comments.

The Calgary Sun reports the two men were eventually asked to leave and were rebooked on separate flights.

The flight was grounded for about an hour because of the altercation.

Two men kicked off WestJet flight - 660News

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
18 or so inches of seat room for 22+ inches of 'elbow'.... perhaps they should do the mental math BEFORE a flight?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Row 12 seats A-C looooots of extra room. No wider but the legroom makes up for it. It's emerg exit row. I never fly WestJet in any other seats.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Row 12 seats A-C looooots of extra room. No wider but the legroom makes up for it. It's emerg exit row. I never fly WestJet in any other seats.

Leg room is a moot point for me... my issue tends to be that the damn things don't reach the floor. lol.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
You'll never have to worry about a DVT.

I have to worry about it more actually, since the blood flow is impeded even worse when your legs don't reach the ground... it cuts off the blood flow at the back of your legs when they hang off chairs.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
So who exactly do the seats fit anyway? I'm only 6ft but my knees are up near my chin in any other seats than row 12.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
I have flown many flights over time and I have never had a problem with passengers
not even once. Yup there have been crying children, doesn't bother me, of course we
have twenty two grand kids so I have heard every cry there is. I have had people who
snore, the odd drunk, and the list goes on. I fit well in the seat I am six foot one and I
don't have my knees near my ears.
Yes most of the time I fly West Jet and I like their service. I must be taking the right
flights.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
:lol: Never ceases to amaze me why they wait to land before getting rid of the dufuses. A low altitude ejection would probably help the rest of the passengers and the world in general.

Too simple, I know.:roll:

:canada:(I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Excuse me. Sorry. I can bend over more if it would help. Oh, sorry. )

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
The reason is that our national natural proclivity towards endless apologies (I'm sorry, excuse me, my apologies, sorry!) ceases once we reach a substantial altitude. Lots of people think it's something in the water but that's just not true, it's directly tied to the land beneath our feet. Gives off some kind of cool, laid back, passivity vibe that keeps us all happy and docile like. ;)