CBSA agent shot at B.C. border crossing

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Border shooting leaves CBSA agent wounded | Canada | News | National Post

SURREY, B.C. — A female Canadian border guard was shot at one of the busiest crossings in Canada on Tuesday and the gunman died after apparently turning his weapon on himself, RCMP say.

The Douglas border crossing, known better as the Peace Arch crossing, was closed in both directions Tuesday afternoon.

“The first report at the scene revealed that a male, a lone male, had shot an officer in her booth,” said Cpl. Bert Paquet.

“At the instant following the shooting of the officer, the lone male had been pronounced dead at the scene from what appeared to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound.”

Paquet said the officer’s condition isn’t known, but she was breathing when she was loaded into an air ambulance. He said it appeared she’d been shot in the neck.

“We haven’t confirmed the identity of the suspect yet. He was entering Canada in a vehicle that beared a Washington plate.”

Vic Toews, minister of public safety, said in a statement he was deeply concerned at the news.

“This event is a sobering reminder of the dangerous conditions faced daily by the men and women of our law enforcement agencies as they work to protect the safety and security of Canadians.”

A spokeswoman with the Canada Border Services Agency said traffic was being diverted around the crossing.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Thats all we need, more wanna be cops with real guns.

Wow, figures.. who cares that these individuals are defending our country and on the front lines where drug, and contraband are being transported.

Maybe, you're just afraid they may catch you.. ;)

Canada Border Services Agency is justified and needed to ensure public safety.

ooops, maybe I didn't notice.. I think they do carry guns now.. from this link below it sounds like they do??

Border guards have drawn guns 80 times - thestar.com

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
ooops, maybe I didn't notice.. I think they do carry guns now.. from this link below it sounds like they do??
Maybe? They been carrying long enough that they recently went from revolvers to autos.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Maybe? They been carrying long enough that they recently went from revolvers to autos.

Wow, I returned to Canada in December never noticed any gun or holster, and went to the USA around May and again never noticed..

Thank God they are allowed to carry, afrer all they are protecting ALL Canadians ... hard job. So sad about the officee that was shot

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
The parents of a man who shot and seriously wounded a border officer in B.C. on Tuesday say he sent a chilling message hours before the incident.

Andrew Michael Crews killed himself seconds after shooting Lori Bowcock at the Peace Arch border crossing south of Vancouver.

CBC News has learned that Crews, 32, last spoke to his mother a few weeks ago, saying he was planning a trip from Seattle back to his boyhood home in Nevada.

Then on Tuesday morning, the Seattle tattoo artist sent his mother a text message, his stepfather, Daniel Lupinek, told CBC News.

"That he loved her, but there was a little message that said, ‘I'm sorry,’” Lupinek said.

B.C. border gunman's parents received chilling message - British Columbia - CBC News