Unbelievably cruel father mocks girl with cerebral palsy

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
[youtube]zGQ519KXTMo[/youtube]

We like to think that adults are good role models, showing our growing and impressionable children the difference between right and wrong. Kids tease and bully each other on the playground and adults are supposed to help children learn that this behavior is cruel, mean and intolerable. Adults should be setting good examples, right?

Unfortunately, in this weird and messed-up world (that’s also full of bright spots, though not in this story), adults often let us down and behave poorly. That’s especially the case with one father in East Sparta, Ohio. William Bailey, 43, and his son mocked a 10-year-old girl with cerebral palsy by walking with a limp as she got off a yellow school bus.

The mother of the girl who was teased caught the horrible moment on tape and shared it with 19 Action News. Trisha Knight told the Cleveland news station that Bailey often mocks her daughter and her children are afraid of the man.

“They don’t want to play outside,” Knight told Action News. They don’t want to sleep in their bedroom.”

Bailey has a record and “was found guilty of aggravated menacing in a separate case.” Knight says she has heard gunshots fired from his home.

All of that said, there are two sides to this story. Knight and Bailey are apparently involved in a neighborhood feud and both have filed complains with the prosecutors office. We don’t know Bailey’s side of the story because he’s refusing to talk to the media. When a reporter approached him getting into his car, he slammed the door and sped off.

No matter, the bottom line here is that no adult should EVER tease a child and encourage his own son to do the same.

As Doug Barry over at Jezebel writes, “Of course, it really doesn’t matter what sort of lawn-mowing, hedge-trimming, above-ground pool dispute prompted a grown-ass man to show the most effective technique for being a total creep, because the rule for adults mocking children (nevermind children with disabilities) is, I’m pretty sure, DON’T.”

Unbelievably cruel father mocks girl with cerebral palsy | The Mommy Files | an SFGate.com blog

I feel bad for the young girl who got teased and the poor boy to have such a creepy father.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I'm literally at a loss for an adequate descriptor for that man. Although douche bag comes to mind. But I feel that doesn't quite describe that man and his parenting skills properly.

I also feel this urge to back hand him until he cries.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
I'm literally at a loss for an adequate descriptor for that man. Although douche bag comes to mind. But I feel that doesn't quite describe that man and his parenting skills properly.

Frightening, isn't it?.. My heart really goes out to that little girl.

I could understand (although not approve) a kid doing that - they do that to anyone different. But generally speaking, they grow up.... The father apparently never did.

I also feel this urge to back hand him until he cries.

You're a welder Bear. Think about this:

Grab one of your old leather work gloves (the one you'd use for backhanding) and solder about a 1/4 pound cylinder of material into the palm of that glove... Now, you'll need some white athletic tape to hold it in place (in the palm area so you can make a fist around it).

Use that glove to backhand the dad... Maybe you'll knock some sense into him, but if not, he'll sound really funny mocking anyone with just a couple of teeth left in his mouth.

The Old Medic

Council Member
May 16, 2010
The World
Any person that bigoted will be impossible to knock any sense into. He has nothing to hold any sense! You have to have a functional brain to have any sense, and this man's brain is operating on such a primitive level that he can't be socialized.

If he was a dog or cat that behaved like this, he would be put to sleep.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Father & son shamed for their cruel torment of girl,10, suffering cerebral palsy

A father and son duo has spent the last year brutally humiliating a 10-year-old Ohio girl with cerebral palsy, her parents have claimed - and they have video to prove it.

Every day after school at the bus stop, William Bailey and his nine-year-old son Joseph slowly hobble from the school bus to their vehicle, limping with bent legs, in front of Hope Holcomb's classmates.

'Stop, please, try to be nice,' Hope has asked them, weeping.

Her grandmother filmed the pair mocking Hope, showing indisputable evidence of the mockery and cruelty she has been subjected to.

VIDEO: Watch the video filmed by Hope's grandmother...

Read more: Father and son caught on camera mocking limp of girl, 10, with cerebral palsy | Mail Online

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Whatever dispute there was did not involve that girl.

Obviously a man with no class. Personally, they should youbube the video of him walking like that (cutting out the son since at his age he's essentially a victim too), or making T-shirts pittying him as a poor ignorant man in need of education.

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
Whatever dispute there was did not involve that girl.

Obviously a man with no class. Personally, they should youbube the video of him walking like that (cutting out the son since at his age he's essentially a victim too), or making T-shirts pittying him as a poor ignorant man in need of education.
market a dictionary with a picture of him at every word that applies. lol

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
market a dictionary with a picture of him at every word that applies. lol

Could be a little expensive, and if the goal is to teach him a lesson, he doesn't come across as the type who'd open up a dictionary anyway. A comunity T-shirt with a picture of him walking like that (again, cutting out the kid) with some kind of caption pittying him as a man in need of education.

Seriously though, I would not advise that since it could affect his kid. Because of that, I guess someone just having a serious chat with him should suffice, to start. but if he still doesn't change, then go with the community T-shirt. Immagine him seeing that on everyone every weekend!

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
People like that, and I use the word "people" loosely, have no redeeming qualities at all. He's lower than scum, and if he had done that to my 10 year old daughter, he wouldn't be finding too much to smile about after that. It's a shame that he didn't trip while doing that and break his leg. Then he could see how funny it would be to walk with a limp. What a scumwad!

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario

Good idea, nice little clip that can go viral on the net. Make sure you caption his name in nice bold letters for the entire world to see too.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
That reminds me of a joke told to me, oddly enough, by my school bus driver.

A girl with cerebral palsy goes to get on the bus for her first day of school; when the bus stops, she stumbles over to the door, arms and legs flailing in all directions, and says, "I wanna go to school!". The driver slams the door, and drives away. Same thing happens the next day, so her parents go to the bus stop the day after, and when the same thing happens, they chase the bus all the way to the school, where they confront the driver.

He stumbles out of the bus, arms and legs flailing in all directions, and says, 'She was makin fun of me!!!!'

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Absolutely disgusting. I saw on TV whereby he explains he wasn't mocking the girl but had an industrial accident and has some cracked ribs (or something) and was walking that way because of that.

Since when do cracked or broken ribs affect the way he was walking - the scumbag!!

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Absolutely disgusting. I saw on TV whereby he explains he wasn't mocking the girl but had an industrial accident and has some cracked ribs (or something) and was walking that way because of that.

Since when do cracked or broken ribs affect the way he was walking - the scumbag!!

That's because he's a coward and can't own up to his own behaviour. I feel really, really sorry for his son. Seriously.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON

Had he just accepted responsibility, it would have been a start to redeeming his reputation from the bottom of the barrel.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Had he just accepted responsibility, it would have been a start to redeeming his reputation from the bottom of the barrel.

It would have but do you think someone who would behave that way in the first place is really capable of accepting responsibility? I would have serious, serious doubts and I would need to see it happen before I'd ever believe it.

Ugh! There just aren't enough words to express how disgusted I feel about this "man".

Last edited: