White House Hack Attack

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Their mods asleep or wut? Most of our sniffers come from there and India. Ain't no secret man.

Chinese hackers break in to White House military office network in charge of the president’s nuclear football

Hackers linked to China’s government broke into one of the U.S. government’s most sensitive computer networks, breaching a system used by the White House Military Office for nuclear commands, according to defense and intelligence officials familiar with the incident.

One official said the cyber breach was one of Beijing’s most brazen cyber attacks against the United States and highlights a failure of the Obama administration to press China on its persistent cyber attacks.

Disclosure of the cyber attack also comes amid heightened tensions in Asia, as the Pentagon moved two U.S. aircraft carrier strike groups and Marine amphibious units near waters by Japan’s Senkaku islands.

more

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
China has always been an enemy of the United States and most of the western world... yet we continue to empower them by doing business with them.

China represents everything counter to the US constitution (with he exception of the right bear arms), yet they are provided with technology which allows for incidents like this to take place.*sigh*

To note: Everything which has to do with cooking and food that was manufactured in the PRC has been banned from my kitchen. Bedsheets and anything else from the PRC are also banned from the bedroom.

breaching a system used by the White House Military Office for nuclear commands, according to defense and intelligence officials familiar with the incident.

This is completely unacceptable.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I can understand the old adage of keeping your friends close and your enemies closer, but this particular "frenemy" consistently abuses all the privileges of that position. Why we in the west are in such an all fired hurry to keep doing business with this government, I will never understand. From everything you read about in news reports to everything I've heard from friends and associates who hail from there and have family back there, the government, in it's practices, is massively corrupt and unacceptably oppressive.

Good grief, are we still sending them foreign aid? I know that as of at least two years ago we still were.

This is completely unacceptable.

And completely frightening.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Who benefits from a hack attack more the Chinese or an American Establishment desperately in need of pre-election enemy action? Hey, they want to switch off the interweb cuz bankers are having bad dreams about hemp spine alignment.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
White House confirms cyberattack

The White House confirmed but sought to downplay a report by a conservative website on Sunday that it had been the victim of a cyberattack, volunteering to POLITICO that no harm had been done.
The Washington Free Beacon reported that Chinese hackers had attacked a computer system in the White House Military Office.

A White House official speaking on background late Sunday confirmed there was an attempted hack but said that it affected an unclassified network, was “isolated” and that there was no evidence that any data had been stolen.

more

White House confirms cyberattack - Tim Mak - POLITICO.com

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
One side desperately wants to avoid WW3 the other desperately fanatically absolutely cannot survive without it. The propaganda has been so thickly layered on Russia, China, Libya, Syria, Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran anyone who ain't in bed with the bankers, and none of it was true. Taking down the white house would do nothing anyway, what's there to worry about? In my opinion it's just more demonizing the emerging new rulers. I ask myself if the attack did happen what are the chances it would be publicly admitted?