The Army's secret Cold War experiments on St. Louisans

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
via Fark

During the Cold War, the US Army began covert tests on residents of the city of St. Louis: "The study was secretive for reason. They didn't have volunteers stepping up and saying yeah, I'll breathe zinc cadmium sulfide with radioactive particles"

St. Louis (KSDK) - Lisa Martino-Taylor is a sociologist whose life's work has been to uncover details of the Army's ultra-secret military experiments carried out in St. Louis and other cities during the 1950s and 60s.

She will make her research public Tuesday, but she spoke first to the I-Team's Leisa Zigman.

The I-Team independently verified that the spraying of zinc cadmium sulfide did take place in St. Louis on thousands of unsuspecting citizens. What is unclear is whether the Army added a radioactive material to the compound as Martino-Taylor's research implies.

"The study was secretive for reason. They didn't have volunteers stepping up and saying yeah, I'll breathe zinc cadmium sulfide with radioactive particles," said Martino-Taylor.

Army archive pictures show how the tests were done in Corpus Christi, Texas in the 1960s. In Texas, planes were used to drop the chemical. But in St. Louis, the Army placed chemical sprayers on buildings and station wagons.

more

I-Team: The Army's secret Cold War experiments on St. Louisans | ksdk.com

The Old Medic

Council Member
May 16, 2010
The World
This is a very old story, being rehashed by a "Journalist" to make waves. This was known publicly at least by the early 1980's, when the US Senate did an investigation of all of the Army's Chemical testing.