Mountie caught on video kicking man in face

grumpydigger

Electoral Member
Mar 4, 2009
Kelowna BC
COLD LAKE, Alta. — Alberta RCMP say a man was taunting officers and flexing his muscles for a fight before he was arrested, handcuffed on the ground and kicked in the face.
A video shot on a cellphoneby someone at the rowdy party near Cold Lake has been uploaded to YouTube and police are using it to investigate the officer’s use of force.
Supt. Randy McGinnis says two officers were having trouble subduing the large man last weekend and one officer kicked him as a stun technique.
That officer has been assigned desk duties while officials investigate.
McGinnis says the arrested man, who is hearing impaired, was not injured and has not made a formal complaint.
Richard Claybert is to appear in court next month and police say he could face charges of causing a disturbance and resisting arrest.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
Lesson,dont go out and get all hammed up and then try and take on a couple cops.
I prolly would have kicked him in the chops too if it was me.
cold lake is next to the weapons range and base and home of fighter pilots,a tough town.
The cops dont fu ck around there.

Last edited:

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Lesson,dont go out and get all hammed up and then try and take on a couple cops.
cold lake is next to the weapons range and base and home of fighter pilots,a tough town.

Well you air be under investigation looking at assault charges ending your career too. It's pretty obvious the guy was subdued already.

Funniest part is the crowd was yelling at them they were being filmed and he boots the guy twice anyway. Another smart cop. :roll:

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle

Agreed that drinking too much and showing off should garner a form of Darwin award.
Fighter pilots are all officers. Would you paint them as thugs that hang around Cold Lake? Being "next to the weapons range" means it is a "tough" town?

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Frick, I live near Namao. I shop alongside uniformed soldiers, and personnel carriers roll down the street. I'd hate to see what people must think about us for toughness. lol.