Woman defaces 'anti-jihad' ad in Times Square station

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Cops busted a lone protester -- angry with subway ads equating enemies of Israel as “savages” -- as she spray-painted over one of the controversial signs today.

A Post camera crew captured the bizarre conflict between suspect Mona Eltahawy, 45, and a woman defending the ads.

“Mona, do you think you have the right to do this?” said Pamela Hall, holding a mounted camera as she tried to block the barrage of spray paint.

“I do actually,” Eltahawy calmly responded. “I think this is freedom of expression, just as this is freedom of expression.”

Hall then thrusts herself between Eltahawy’s spray paint and the poster.

Eltahawy -- an activist who has appeared on MSNBC and CNN -- engaged her in an odd cat-and-mouse dance, spraying pink every time she had an opening.

“What right do you have to violate free speech,” Hall pleaded.

“I’m not violating it. I’m making an expression on free speech,” an increasingly agitated Eltahawy shot back.

“You do not have the right!” Hall said.

more

EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Woman defaces 'anti-jihad' ad in Times Square station - NYPOST.com

Spray Paint Jihaad! - Arrest New York Subway - 25 Sep 2012 - YouTube

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Actually, vandalism is not considered freedom of speech/expression. She could have taken out simular but opposite opinioned ads if she chose. That would have been freedom of speech/expression.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Anti-jihad? It doesn't say anything about stopping jihad. The brunt of the ad is that anyone opposed to Israel is a savage. That's a level of propaganda I can't believe is posted in a modern culture. And after it's made that point, it urges that jihad be defeated, not stopped, implying fighting back... war, battle, etc. Call a spade a spade.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
“In any war between the civilized man and the savage, support the civilized man,” say the large, boldly lettered wall posters sponsored by a group calling itself the American Freedom Defense Initiative. They add: “Support Israel/Defeat Jihad.”

Should read:
“In any war between the civilized man and the savage, support the civilized man,so ignore Israel and the whole Middle East.”

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
The brunt of the ad is that anyone opposed to Israel is a savage.

Not quite. If you don't support Israel you may not be a savage yourself, but you're certainly supporting or sympathizing with them. Israel is on the front lines against Islamic terrorism, and those Islamic terrorists are savages, barbarians, uncivilized animals.

Israel is morally superior to her enemies. Period.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Not quite. If you don't support Israel you may not be a savage yourself, but you're certainly supporting or sympathizing with them. Israel is on the front lines against Islamic terrorism, and those Islamic terrorists are savages, barbarians, uncivilized animals.

Hey man, how have you been? Is israeli terrorism less savage? I doubt it.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
It depends how you view terrorism. I know I'd be terrified if soldiers came along with an excavator or cat to trash my home, my father' home, his father's home or torched my olive grove that was in my family for hundreds of years all for the sake of Israel trying to push it's unwanted sects into settlements away from Israel proper.

In Between Man

The Biblical Position
Sep 11, 2008
49° 19' N, 123° 4' W
It depends how you view terrorism. I know I'd be terrified if soldiers came along with an excavator or cat to trash my home, my father' home, his father's home or torched my olive grove that was in my family for hundreds of years all for the sake of Israel trying to push it's unwanted sects into settlements away from Israel proper.

:lol: Hundreds of years!!! hahahahaha good one! Do you trust the words of Mark Twain?

In 1867:

"..... A desolate country whose soil is rich enough, but is given over wholly to weeds... a silent mournful expanse.... a desolation.... we never saw a human being on the whole route.... hardly a tree or shrub anywhere. Even the olive tree and the cactus, those fast friends of a worthless soil, had almost deserted the country."
(The Innocents Abroad, p. 361-362)

Further, every grain of sand west of the Jordan Rift Valley belongs to the Jews. That's Israel proper!

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Fuk Me Gently, now Mark Twain is being cited as an expert in Middle East politics.

You know people have run out of rational arguments when that happens.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Personally I think the conversation is getting off topic. It's not about who's right in the Middle East, it's about whether American citizens should be dealing with divisive war propaganda posted in their public spaces.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

Does that opinion apply to all Muslims?

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Does that opinion apply to all Muslims?

the ad attributes simply two side to the issue from the simplistic, literally black and white manner of its publishing.

To my view, it lumps all Muslims into the savages category. I can see why people are pissed.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
If you take land that is owned by someone else, that's theft... even if they were neglecting the land. (in your opinion). BTW, the way Palestine was managed before was more environmentally friendly, less energy intensive and less polluting.

If you shoot the previous owner for complaining about loosing their land or trying to get it back, that's murder... even if you believe your God told you its ok to steal and murder.

The fact is the "land without people" was inhabited by over a million Jews and other people whose ancestors used to be Jews before they converted to Christianity or Islam. Effectively Palestinians of every religion are also descended from the same people as the Jewish immigrants who can also trace their ancestry back to this region. A good number of Jews who claim they originate from this region in fact descend from people who converted to Judaism and never even visited this region, let alone lived there. DNA doesn't lie.

Zionists are savages because they practice ethnic cleansing, discrimination, torture and murder because their victims aren't Jewish.

That said, I agree with Idratherbeskiing, spray painting an advertisement is vandalism, not free speech. The vandal should be arrested. The advertisement is a piece of crap, but just like that piece of crap movie "Innocence of Muslims", I support the right of people to express themselves freely, without interference.

Last edited:

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
the ad attributes simply two side to the issue from the simplistic, literally black and white manner of its publishing.

To my view, it lumps all Muslims into the savages category. I can see why people are pissed.

I wonder who the ahem was that approved such an ad. If the ad was approved after viewing it that person should be disciplined at the least.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
:lol: Hundreds of years!!! hahahahaha good one! Do you trust the words of Mark Twain?

In 1867:

"..... A desolate country whose soil is rich enough, but is given over wholly to weeds... a silent mournful expanse.... a desolation.... we never saw a human being on the whole route.... hardly a tree or shrub anywhere. Even the olive tree and the cactus, those fast friends of a worthless soil, had almost deserted the country."
(The Innocents Abroad, p. 361-362)

Further, every grain of sand west of the Jordan Rift Valley belongs to the Jews. That's Israel proper!

It's very nice to have you back supporting the murdering israeli thieves. It makes the work of good sane people easier.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net

Morality is relative to whichever society says what morality is.

To my view, it lumps all Muslims into the savages category.
.... as well as anyone who "supports" them regardless of any good qualities.
I can see why people are pissed.
Ditto.