Bill Clinton on anti-Islam film:

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
Isn't Bill in a bind, very PC so he can't speak his mind. No mention here of hate crimes, no sirree. In an international context, saying hate crime sounds lame.

I heard on Piers Morgan tonight Obama has played 100 rounds of golf so far and has met very few other leaders. Ralph Klein played a lot of golf too.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Sure you can react. You just cant harm or kill people when you're insulted.

The extremists who kill people would beg to differ on that "Can't" part.

Saying something is wrong to do is one thing.... getting people to agree and actually not do that "Wrong" thing is a completely different subject.

You telling an extremist Christian not to blow up an abortion clinic or not to shoot an abortion doctor is one thing... getting them to understand why and to not react to their demented "God Told me So" attitude is something else.

You can tell all sorts of extremist Muslims around the world that they're being stupid for getting all upset over a picture or something insulting their beliefs or prophet & resulting in people getting killed is one thing..... them actually seeing your point and no longer reacting like that is another.

The thing is, people have been trying to talk sense to Religious Extremists for centuries and have gotten nowhere.... Clinton got on his soap box, but does he actually expect what he said would solve anything?

"You cannot live in a shame-based world. You won't make it in the 21st century. There's too much diversity. There's too much stuff goin' on the internet You gotta be able to say, if you believe in Islam, that, 'I believe in a god and a prophet strong enough to withstand the criticisms of petty, narrow-minded, mean-spirited people. I believe that the cultural crassness I abhor will, in the end, fall before the values that I exalt.'"

Very good point.... one I brought up a few years back in some other thread..... but again, getting these kinds of people to understand this and live by it is a whole other ball game.