Wildfire forces evacuation of parts of Lethbridge and coalhurst.

bunnyhug

Aug 29, 2012
They are still evacuating surrounding areas including Milk River and Stirling. Hard to believe twice in one year. Hope they get it under control fast!

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
They are still evacuating surrounding areas including Milk River and Stirling. Hard to believe twice in one year. Hope they get it under control fast!
And there was another one a couple years ago that went through the porcupine hills and Claresholm.
The winds that came with the cold front were clocked at about 120 kph in lethbridge a few hours ago.

Here's a link to the radio traffic via a scanner.
http://audio7.radioreference.com/818576601

This is what it is like on the fireline!

I think it.s great.
This is live radio traffic on the fireline folks.
You have both the rcmp repeaters and the wildfire teams on here coordinateing.

This is live folks,the town of Nanton will be next to be evacuated as well as Milk river.
This is getting really big.
Listen to it live on that link folks.
You should be able to hear the bird dog and water bombers soon as the forestry channell gets priority.

I wont post anymore until I hear it but you folks can follow it live via that link.Shows how much bureaucracy there is when fighting a fire.Your tax dollars at work.

Last edited by a moderator:

bunnyhug

Aug 29, 2012
And there was another one a couple years ago that went through the porcupine hills and Claresholm.
The winds that came with the cold front were clocked at about 120 kph in lethbridge a few hours ago.

Here's a link to the radio traffic via a scanner.
http://audio7.radioreference.com/818576601

This is what it is like on the fireline!

I think it.s great.
This is live radio traffic on the fireline folks.
You have both the rcmp repeaters and the wildfire teams on here coordinateing.

This is live folks,the town of Nanton will be next to be evacuated as well as Milk river.
This is getting really big.
Listen to it live on that link folks.
You should be able to hear the bird dog and water bombers soon as the forestry channell gets priority.

incoming pics recieved from family there

Attachments

• lethbridgefire2.jpg
    lethbridgefire2.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 4
  • lethbridge fire.jpg
    lethbridge fire.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 6
  • lethbridgefire3.jpg
    lethbridgefire3.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited by a moderator:

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
We're watching the hills here in the Okanagan as well forest fire above Peachland
south to Kelowna. So far four homes and outbuilding burned to the ground. Even
the main street of Peachland is on fire alert but I don't think the town will burn.
Fire is always a risky thing, especially when they interface with urban development.
This looks scary though, especially for families living on the outskirts of town

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I know gerry and bear both think intercepting radio freaqs on a scanner is illegal.
I

and the reason for bringing up Bear and I when we are supposedly on ignore would be................................................ trolling.

bunnyhug

Aug 29, 2012
We're watching the hills here in the Okanagan as well forest fire above Peachland
south to Kelowna. So far four homes and outbuilding burned to the ground. Even
the main street of Peachland is on fire alert but I don't think the town will burn.
Fire is always a risky thing, especially when they interface with urban development.
This looks scary though, especially for families living on the outskirts of town

Its always scary and sad when someone loses a home. This is the 2nd fire in Lethbridge and surrounding areas in less than a year brought on by carelessness on the reserve. The smoke from BC is hitting here in SK. Hopefully they can get these fires under control and fast.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
and the reason for bringing up Bear and I when we are supposedly on ignore would be................................................ trolling.

You bitch if I ignore you or not,just pointing out you twos lil faux pas on the law concerning radio frequencies.
If you still think it's illegal then you better not click that link that lets you in on the action long before any news organization can get it on the air.

Cuz then according to you two you would be breaking the law.

I'm a ticketed and trained wildfire fighter Ger,I know the laws where info on fires is concerned.

I took both you 2 off ignore last night,I needed a laugh.

The huge winds also caused this today!
I'm just wringing my hands thinking of all the coin to be made.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
In my opinion, being excited about making money due to something like this happening isn't really a good way to look at things.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
In my opinion, being excited about making money due to something like this happening isn't really a good way to look at things.
That's what I do for a living,you should be thanking me for having your power in the morning because I am the guy that will be out there at 2 am getting it fixed so you can have your morning coffee and toast in the comfort of a warm kitchen.

Post the link to where we said that.

This says soooooooooooooooo much about you.

Tell someone who cares gerry.
Maybe bear.

Most members here couldn't give a **** about your asinine comments.
Me included.

I told you already I don't swing mano a mano so go hit on someone else ok bud?
I know I'm a good looking guy but I'm into gals,not guys ok mon ami?

You and bears infatuation with me is starting to scare me.

Are you two dateing?

Last edited:

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Tell someone who cares gerry.
Maybe bear.

Most members here couldn't give a **** about your asinine comments.
Me included.

You made the accusation. Now back it up, or is it another one of your bullshyte lies that you are so good at throwing around?

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
That's what I do for a living,you should be thanking me for having your power in the morning because I am the guy that will be out there at 2 am getting it fixed so you can have your morning coffee and toast in the comfort of a warm kitchen.

That's all well and good, but when you make it sound like you are excited that something like this is happening because that will mean a good payday, it doesn't really make you come across in the best light. And lots of people have difficult jobs, at crappy hours. It's not like it's confined to your particular job.;)

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

Are you two dateing?

What the fu ck?

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
That's all well and good, but when you make it sound like you are excited that something like this is happening because that will mean a good payday, it doesn't really make you come across in the best light. And lots of people have difficult jobs, at crappy hours. It's not like it's confined to your particular job.;)
No,you assumed I was excited,this is my work,Im allways excited about a challenge.
I love my job,peeps pay me good money to fix things so too bad you have a problem with that.

Like I care.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007

Are you two dateing?

You need to knock that crap off. Making comments about someone's sexuality(regardless if it's true or not) is trolling...actually it's worse than mere trolling. I've seen you make similar comments before, and let it slide. Not anymore. You have a problem with gerry, that's fine. Make comments about the posts, NOT the person. Next step is an Infraction.

No,you assumed I was excited,this is my work,Im allways excited about a challenge.
I love my job,peeps pay me good money to fix things so too bad you have a problem with that.

Like I care.

I didn't say I had a problem with that. The following comment is what I took issue with (I'm just wringing my hands thinking of all the coin to be made.). I'm sorry, but how does that not sound like you're excited?

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
I love a good argument there are some great comment on both sides. As for the fires
you know this might be a reserve issue but most of the bloody forest fires we have are
caused by all kinds of people with boats and campers and a couple of cases of beer
that are too damn lazy to put the fire out. We have people who won't smoke in their
car, they get out have a smoke and burn down the bloody forest.
This fire we don't know yet, but it started right next connector that is a short cut to the
coast. I think the hunting dogs would be on the right track barring a meteor striking the
earth.
The real question I have is why is it that everything has to degenerate into accusation
and recriminations, oh I think we all do it but why?

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
You need to knock that crap off. Making comments about someone's sexuality(regardless if it's true or not) is trolling...actually it's worse than mere trolling. I've seen you make similar comments before, and let it slide. Not anymore. You have a problem with gerry, that's fine. Make comments about the posts, NOT the person. Next step is an Infraction.
I have no problems with gerry,I have known him a lot longer then most of you have.
Maybe shiv you should send the same message to him?
He made it clear many times on his preference for bi and I have no problem with that.
So why do you have a problem with it?
He has no problem posting any of my info.
The forum trolls here have no problem going back a year to find some post of mine,yet you call me a troll?

Too funny.

I love a good argument there are some great comment on both sides. As for the fires
you know this might be a reserve issue but most of the bloody forest fires we have are
caused by all kinds of people with boats and campers and a couple of cases of beer
that are too damn lazy to put the fire out. We have people who won't smoke in their
car, they get out have a smoke and burn down the bloody forest.
This fire we don't know yet, but it started right next connector that is a short cut to the
coast. I think the hunting dogs would be on the right track barring a meteor striking the
earth.
The real question I have is why is it that everything has to degenerate into accusation
and recriminations, oh I think we all do it but why?

The clique grumpy,every forum eventually gets one and if it isn't taken care off then they pretty well take over.
This forum is a perfect example of that.
Wont be the first one to be left with a half a dozen members and dropping ad income.
Canada kicks ass was bigger then this forum and it went the same way,just saying and predicting.