Good Samaritan’s purse stolen

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
while trying to save stabbing victim’s life

A Good Samaritan became a victim herself when her purse was stolen after she stopped to help a man who had been stabbed outside a downtown nightclub early Sunday morning.

The man suffered knife wounds in the chest, back and arms during an altercation outside the Nocturne Nightclub on Queen St. W. near Bathurst St. shortly before 4 a.m., according to Toronto police.

Police said the woman, with some paramedic training, was an innocent bystander. Staff Sgt. Ralph Brookes said she tried to help the wounded man while waiting for paramedics to arrive.

“We are obviously quite disappointed that this lady who stopped to render assistance and save this man’s life had her purse stolen,” Brookes said. “I can’t tell you how disgusted I am.”

The purse has been recovered, but money and valuables were missing from it, said Brookes. He added that police would be putting “quite the resources” into finding the thief.

The stabbing victim has been operated on and is now in stable condition.

Brookes said a man has been arrested in connection to the stabbing. Police will release details about the arrest Sunday afternoon.

Another man was also stabbed multiple times in the neck early Sunday morning in an unrelated incident. The 29-year-old suffered life-threatening injuries in the stabbing that took place on Fairfax Cres. near Warden and St. Clair E. Aves. He was taken to a nearby trauma centre just after 3 a.m. and is in stable condition, police said. Police are still looking for the suspect and witnesses.

Good Samaritan

Way to be classy scumbag. I hope you die in a fire.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Proof that no good dead goes unpunished.

I can't help but think that way myself sometimes. I hate it, I don't want to think like that.

There has got to be good out there, there just has to be. Otherwise, what's the frigging point in anything?

But crap like this sure does test the resolve for believing in anything better doesn't it.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
My brother and sister-in-law came upon a car accident. Being medical professionals, he got out to help, and asked his wife to back the car up, and put the car on the road with the 4 way flashers on. While she was walking up the shoulder of the road, she was hit by a drunk driver, and needed surgery on her legs and arms.

Why bother helping, when you'll end up in agony for a year? Drunk drivers should be in jail for 6 months minimum, and to hell with their concerns about jobs.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
I can't help but think that way myself sometimes. I hate it, I don't want to think like that.

There has got to be good out there, there just has to be. Otherwise, what's the frigging point in anything?

But crap like this sure does test the resolve for believing in anything better doesn't it.

Try not to get too jaded. The lady who lost her purse is a good person. Only one scum bag stole her purse.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Way to be classy scumbag. I hope you die in a fire.

Actually, wouldn't it be more appropriate if he was the one requiring medical assistance the next time, and the person leaves him alone due to what happened here? Of course, he would be lucky, and probably get saved as that is the kind of person this good samaritan is.

Still, the thief is a douchebag of the highest order.

My brother and sister-in-law came upon a car accident. Being medical professionals, he got out to help, and asked his wife to back the car up, and put the car on the road with the 4 way flashers on. While she was walking up the shoulder of the road, she was hit by a drunk driver, and needed surgery on her legs and arms.

Why bother helping, when you'll end up in agony for a year? Drunk drivers should be in jail for 6 months minimum, and to hell with their concerns about jobs.

I think a year is a better number. And the sentence should increase if someone is injured, and if someone is killed by a drunk driver, then it should be 10 years(at least) per person killed. It may not decrease the number of people that drive drunk, but it's certainly a lot better than what is given to them now.

I hope your sister-in-law is doing better now.:(