Comment ça va Bob?

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Price is Right spays or neuters Bob Barker's invitation to the show's 40th anniversary episode

Why Wasn't Bob Barker Invited to The Price is Right's 40th Birthday Bash?

Nobody asked him to "Come on down!" CBS' The Price is Right celebrates its 40th anniversary on Tuesday's episode with host Drew Carey welcoming favorite contestants from the past, but don't expect to see the show's original, much-loved emcee Bob Barker. He wasn't invited. (CBS declined comment; a source with the show says Barker will be seen via vintage clips.)

A renowned animal advocate, Barker has been publicly critical of the show for giving away a trip to the controversial Calgary Stampede in Canada, notorious for its many horse deaths. Is that why he was snubbed? "I don't know why I wasn't asked to take part in some way," the 88-year-old Barker tells TV Guide Magazine. "But I do know I am ashamed of the show and surprised at their complete disregard for the welfare of animals. Were I still there, a prize to attend the Calgary Stampede would never have been considered. We never did anything that condoned animal cruelty. Apparently, things have changed."

more

Why Wasn't Bob Barker Invited to The Price is Right's 40th Birthday Bash? - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Why wasn't Bob Barker invited to participate in the 40th Anniversary celebration?

Hmmmm.

"I don't know why I wasn't asked to take part in some way," the 88-year-old Barker tells TV Guide Magazine. "But I do know I am ashamed of the show and surprised at their complete disregard for the welfare of animals.
I wonder.