Phyllis Diller Dead at 95

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Comedian Phyllis Diller -- who paved the way for today's female comics -- died this morning, TMZ has learned.

Sources close to Diller tell us the comedian died in her sleep at her L.A. home, surrounded by family. She was 95.

We're told Diller had recently fallen, hurting her wrist and hip -- but her rep says the injury had nothing to do with her death.

Diller suffered a heart attack in 1999 and was later fitted with a pacemaker.

Phyllis began her career all the way back in 1952 -- and rose to fame with her TV specials alongside Bob Hope in the 1960s.

more

Phyllis Diller Dead -- Legendary Comic Dies at 95 | TMZ.com

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Phyllis Diller on her famous laugh:

"It's my real laugh ... It's in the family. When I was a kid my father called me the laughing hyena," Diller once said.
"I often laugh and if everybody laughed that way, they'd be healthier," she said in another interview.

Queen of Comedy Phyllis Diller dies at 95 - Arts & Entertainment - CBC News

I have to admit, her laugh was one of the things I loved the most about her. It was infectious!

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
8O........I thought she was goddam funny..........at the same time battling internal demons..........just my opinion. She cleared the way for many female comedians, and I'm gonna miss her.

RIP Ms.Diller. You were one of a kind.:love9:

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
8O........I thought she was goddam funny..........at the same time battling internal demons..........just my opinion. She cleared the way for many female comedians, and I'm gonna miss her.

RIP Ms.Diller. You were one of a kind.:love9:

95 years is a pretty long life.
R.I.P. Phyllis.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I remember her as being somewhat like the crazy old lady at a party.

95 years and passing on surrounded by family; pretty good final curtain.

Chev

Electoral Member
Feb 10, 2009
Alberta
Rest in peace.
(55Mercury, I was going to ask if ‘Fang’ was actually herhusband..) At times, the way she talked about him, made me wonder.
http://www.zimbio.com “….. herfictitious husband she named "Fang.
…..Fang, her fictional husband, was not based on either ofher actual husbands and was purely a character she used in her comedy work.”
http://www.globalmontreal.com“…..The only guy in her act was a husband named "Fang," who was neverseen and didn't exist…..”
So, I guess, “Fang” died with her.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Comedian Phyllis Diller -- who paved the way for today's female comics -- died this morning, TMZ has learned.

Sources close to Diller tell us the comedian died in her sleep at her L.A. home, surrounded by family. She was 95.

We're told Diller had recently fallen, hurting her wrist and hip -- but her rep says the injury had nothing to do with her death.

Diller suffered a heart attack in 1999 and was later fitted with a pacemaker.

Phyllis began her career all the way back in 1952 -- and rose to fame with her TV specials alongside Bob Hope in the 1960s.

more

Phyllis Diller Dead -- Legendary Comic Dies at 95 | TMZ.com

They say that her injury to her hip had nothing to do with it, but my grandma had fallen and injured her hip and she never recovered from that. She was never able to return home and passed away in the hospital.:(

Regardless of what contributed to her death, Ms. Diller lived to 95, which is a nice long life. And the fact that she passed surrounded by loved ones makes that passing less sad, as at least she didn't die alone, and she certainly did not die being unloved. Rest In Peace, Ms. Diller.