http://www.ctvolympics.ca/ Was very Good, But Not Great

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
I watched a lot of track and field online at this site. I like the 800, 1500, 5000, 10000 and marathons. In part because you don't find out who wins when you click on the event.

The web page shows the winners of basketball, volleyball and beach volleyball games. Why do I need to know that if I want to watch it after it is over? Dumb. They need a separate page for "Results" so we can peruse and not get scores. This is a part of social media the corporate conglomerates like CTV/TSN don't comprehend yet.

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/court-sports/index.html scores here, close your eyes

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
Referring to the CTV total broadcast.. of which the website was part.. i'd say..

Compared to NBC's coverage.. delayed till Prime Time.. re-edited to play to the American score.. chopped up into bits and pieces.. narrated in typical breathless American hyperbole... interrupted continuously for irritating 'fire side' chats about the 'meaning of it all' with hosts...it was positively stellar. I'm just getting some semblance of my life clock back after getting up at 1 or 2 am to catch live events.

frankly for specific detailed information.. i found London2012.. official site.. the best around... comprehensive and easy to navigate.

Last edited:

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
Compared to NBCs coverage.. delayed till Prime Time.. re-edited to play to the American score.. chopped up into bits and pieces.. narrated in typical breathless American hyperbole... interrupted continuously for irritating 'fire side' chats about the 'meaning of it all' with hosts...it was positively stellar. I'm just getting some semblance of my life clock back after getting up at 1 or 2 am to catch live events.

Yes, NBC did a crappy job, CTV/TSN/SN fed NBC dust. There was so much talking on NBC it was a joke. Then if they weren't talking, it was non-stop gymnastics. Pathetic.

Sports on TV is far superior here as they always cater to corporate interests in the USA. We get all their sports, world sports and all our sports. We win the gold!!!

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Yes, NBC did a crappy job, CTV/TSN/SN fed NBC dust. There was so much talking on NBC it was a joke. Then if they weren't talking, it was non-stop gymnastics. Pathetic.

Sports on TV is far superior here as they always cater to corporate interests in the USA. We get all their sports, world sports and all our sports. We win the gold!!!

Americans posting on Huff about the coverage are absolutely furious with NBC and I don't blame them a bit. Not being able to watch some of the most important Olympic sports moments for your country live...........unbelievable. What a bloody shame. Don't know what it is with NBC, they also did a feature on the bodies of their women athletes that met with such furor they had to pull it.

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
Americans posting on Huff about the coverage are absolutely furious with NBC and I don't blame them a bit. Not being able to watch some of the most important Olympic sports moments for your country live...........unbelievable. What a bloody shame. Don't know what it is with NBC, they also did a feature on the bodies of their women athletes that met with such furor they had to pull it.

NBC said about the complaints: Go to our webpage. They like to kick around their viewers.