Disgraced Florida pastor’s courtroom suicide fail

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Pops pills after child sex-abuse conviction

Rev. James Harris was found guilty of abusing a 15-year-old boy, then tried the coward’s way out in a West Palm Beach court.

A Florida pastor convicted of sex crimes against a 15-year-old boy gobbled a handful of pills after receiving his sentence on Thursday in an apparent courtroom suicide attempt.

West Palm Beach court deputies immediately pounced on Rev. James Harris and wrestled him to the ground while ordering him to spit out the suspected poison pills.

"Oh, my God, it's cyanide," the Palm Beach Post quoted a group of court interns whispering, as the officers worked to subdue the convicted sex fiend.

The 64-year-old Belle Glade minister was eventually wheeled from the courtroom in a stretcher, handcuffed, barefoot and with his white shirt unbuttoned, according to photos shot by the Post.

The bizarre scene capped a three-day trial in which Harris was charged with sexually abusing a 15-year-old boy in 2008 and 2009.

more on this unoriginal scumbag loser:

Disgraced Florida pastor

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Why waste all that time and money on medical procedures to try and save this guys life? Now some guy named Bubba will have to do the dirty work in prison.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Had it been a wrongful conviction and he really was innocent, I doubt he would have tried that, preferring instead to take the sentence like a man. This seems to prove how the conviction is likely quite correct.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
One bite into a cyanide capsule and it is lights out forever. Ever see Herming Goring's death photo? His eyes were still open in death. It works that fast.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
If you watched the video of the original courtroom suicide idea, the guy convicted of torching his house in the states, the cyanide he swallowed took about maybe 2 minutes and it was all over. Perhaps there was too much difficulty swallowing/chewing it for him or the dose wasn't as lethal as we think. I dunno. Maybe not a hardcore Nazi dose.

Action (to me anyway) begins around 5:15 with him popping the pill and he starts having problems around 7:20 (with the cough I think). Doesn't take much time after that though.

Man Dies In Court After Taking Pill - YouTube