B.C. man found guilty of pimping stepdaughter

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
A B.C. judge has found a Penticton man guilty of sexually abusing and prostituting his teenage stepdaughter.

The man, who can't be named in order to protect the identity of the girl, was found guilty on 10 charges, including sexual assault and living off the avails of prostitution.

Judge Greg Koturbash weighed several days of conflicting testimony that pitted family members against one another.

The stepdaughter, who is now 18, told the court the abuse started when she was 12 years old.

She said the accused forced her into prostitution when she was 17 in order to financially support his drug habit.

B.C. man found guilty of pimping stepdaughter - British Columbia - CBC News

MapleDog

Time Out
Jun 1, 2012
St Calixte Quebec Canada
The man, who can't be named in order to protect the identity of the girl, was found guilty on 10 charges, including sexual assault and living off the avails of prostitution.
I always find this odd,its kind of useless to not name the creep,when his neighbours/town know who he is.
ans even worse the school where the girl goes to,i'm sure everyone there are saying she's a ****.

The Old Medic

Council Member
May 16, 2010
The World
No Maple Dog, most of the people in her school would consider her to be a victim. Only someone that is really sick themselves would label her as a prostitute.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
She said the accused forced her into prostitution when she was 17 in order to financially support his drug habit.
She never left because?

a) the money was too good?
b) the crack was too enticing?

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Maybe she had no where to go.
Maybe the step father was very manipulative.

Likely this guy never voted NDP, or the headline would have read "NDP supporter found guilty of pimping step daughter". He's probably a Conservative or a Liberal.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
My wife deals with identical stories on a daily basis. I've heard this type of thing a million times. There are no excuses for sticking around for 5 flippin' years unless she was gaining something from it.

I hate to be harsh but....

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
She didn't want to break up the family
She hoped the abuse would stop
She was raised in a dysfunctional family and her perception of normal was screwed up from an early age.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Still lame excuses.

Where was the "family" she didn't want to break up whie she was allegedly being abused?

There are places to go. .

There are support funds.

Believe it or not there is hooker rehab

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I'm only judging the circumstances.

Unless she was under lock and key there are no excuses to not walk away and go sraight to the RCMP or anyone for that matter.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
A person's mental state, especially that of a child can lead to the belief that the
excuse was lame. To the individual it is not lame, fear or succumbing to the
unknown is often worse than the situation one is in.
I knew a woman who stayed with her violent husband for a decade, she was
afraid to leave, she was afraid of being on her own, she didn't want the kids to
lose their father.
In the end he beat the hell of her and attempted to drown her in the swimming
pool in front of the children. She realized it wasn't going to change and she was
not on her own there were people who would help her. Of course we would help
it was great to see the SOB out of our neighbourhood.
Put this into focus we were dealing with a child. The Mother stood up for her old
man the girls stepfather. Can you imagine, the parent taking up for an abuser?
How much rejection do you think this kid already suffered from?
This is not about common sense or a cut and dried solution, its about love or the
lack of it, and emotional trauma.
Many years ago I was a foster parent, and we handled the difficult cases where
violence and disruption cause emergency situations. You soon learn it not about
the black and white issue, its about everything else.