Mountie and wife charged with fraud for using Govt credit card to buy fuel.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
A Saskatchewan RCMP officer and his wife are facing theft and fraud charges after allegedly using an RCMP fuel card for their personal use.

According to RCMP, a complaint was received in May 2012 about a Rosthern RCMP officer and his wife purchasing fuel for their personal vehicles with an RCMP fuel card. Following a four-month investigation that was started by the Prince Albert general investigation section, charges were laid against the pair.

Cst. Harley Gillman, 42, and Marie Cheryl Diane Gillman - both residents of Beardys First Nation - have been charged with fraud over $5,000 and theft over $5,000. Harley Gillman is also charged with breach of trust by a public officer.

They were released from custody and are scheduled to make their first appearance Sept. 12 in Rosthern provincial court.

Harley Gillman is currently suspended with pay and has been relieved of his duties while the case is before the courts.

© Copyright (c) The StarPhoenix

grumpydigger

Electoral Member
Mar 4, 2009
Kelowna BC
The amount arrogance shown by many of these RCMP officers is astounding........and like any criminal activity and abuse were only seeing the tip of it..... this shows that the message is not getting across and they still believe they're above the law.

On the bright side, this officer and his wife will have their expenses paid to beautiful British Columbia where incompetent corrupt RCMP are sent to retire.......

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Cops are humans too which means they **** up BUT they also have a conscious telling them the entire time they are ****ing up. If they choose to ignore that then they don't deserve to be cops and should be canned immediately because they can not be trusted.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
This isn't behaviour unique to cops. They don't think they're 'above the law' any more than any other schmoe who takes from their place of work. Gassing up on the company dime is a constant issue in the oil patch. Stealing tools from work, office supplies from work, these are things EVERY work place faces.

grumpydigger

Electoral Member
Mar 4, 2009
Kelowna BC
But only in the RCMP do you get a paid vacation while being investigated for criminal offense.......

Let's face it,the RCMP management and the Crown will never allow an active RCMP member to be convicted with a criminal offense..

all his buddies will stand up in court and say what a great man he is....and he just made a little mistake....lol

You tell that to the judge , and see where that gets you

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
But only in the RCMP do you get a paid vacation while being investigated for criminal offense.......

Let's face it,the RCMP management and the Crown will never allow an active RCMP member to be convicted with a criminal offense..

all his buddies will stand up in court and say what a great man he is....and he just made a little mistake....lol

You tell that to the judge , and see where that gets you

Nope, stuff like this, theft from the organization, that's all internal, they've been charged, they'll be convicted. If what you're saying is true, then they wouldn't have investigated them, they'd have just pulled them aside and given them a stern lecture.

grumpydigger

Electoral Member
Mar 4, 2009
Kelowna BC
show me one active rcmp that has been charged ,convicted and sent to prison ....lol theft and fraud over 5000 dollars would put any citizen in jail.......... not a slap on the wrist and a transfer

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
show me one active rcmp that has been charged ,convicted and sent to prison ....lol theft and fraud over 5000 dollars would put any citizen in jail.......... not a slap on the wrist and a transfer

I personally know of an ex-Mountie who got the boot because he was convicted of smuggling - brought a load of lumber back from the US and tried to avoid paying duty.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
This isn't behaviour unique to cops. They don't think they're 'above the law' any more than any other schmoe who takes from their place of work. Gassing up on the company dime is a constant issue in the oil patch. Stealing tools from work, office supplies from work, these are things EVERY work place faces.
True,I have had spread bosses ask me if I could fill em up and Corb Lund even mentions it in his song toughest neck around.

I keep good records though so mines allways accounted for just for the reason that somewhere,sometime,someone will accuse you of stealing it.